The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

Thats Crazy Talk (Heh Heh)

Ill never finish my Volkswagen if I keep buying Motorcycles!

Nicko

Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

Are you planning on fabricating some kind of tray or strap for it to sit to stop it bouncing around inside it?

Re: the "Ace" - shocking!

The original shocks on the 'Ace' are not very good so it's time for replacement.
Their isn't much available for such a light bike so I had some built to suit the combined weight of the bike and rider.

Ikon shocks - adjustable pre-load, adjustable damping, rebuildable:

item.JPG

Very happy!

Crazy

How much of this bike will be original by the time you are done haha

I saw my first ACE in the flesh yesterday, just rushed past and didnt get a good look... but I liked what I saw!

A beautiful winter's morning in SinCity! Clear as crystal and a sunny 12oC.

A good excuse to go for a ride and try out the new shocks - looks good, feels way better!

item.JPG

Crazy

Re: Re: the "Ace" - shocking!

With each update I am a little grumpier that I cannot walk into a shop in the US and buy a crate full of Ace.

some of those photo shots at moto scoot are for the "swift 250", its the same as the ace in most respects except it has an ohc 250 single engine jammed in there, makes me worry that it has the same brakes as the ACE.
the swift is a USA only bike atm
http://avavelocityworks.com/models/swift-250-specs/

Attachments

• Bikes+Reflection-Tall1.png
    Bikes+Reflection-Tall1.png
    1 MB · Views: 727

stroker crazy said:
I help where I can Mr. Ard!

Moto-Scoot in Milwaukee are still saying "50 state DOT street legal". They should do more than talk and show pretty pictures with fancy paintwork: http://moto-scoot.net/skyteam_ace.php

Crazy

I will continue to check that bookmark every so often to see if anything comes of it - and not hold my breath underwater!

It's already been there about a year to my knowledge - the only change has been the new photos.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
A beautiful winter's morning in SinCity! Clear as crystal and a sunny 12oC.

A good excuse to go for a ride and try out the new shocks - looks good, feels way better!

item.JPG

Crazy

Looking good Crazy. My piggy back shocks should be here tomorrow. Also going for +1 on the front sprocket.

Thanks Dan.

I'm saving my sprocket changes until I finish the engine and exhaust modification, but it already feels like it could handle +1 on the front.

Crazy

Is the fairing still to come too?

I noticed this fine example which could be similar once you finish painting.

triton750a.jpg

The fairing is still (distantly) on the way, after I get the engine and electrics sorted.

I think I will be able to recess a stock headlight into the fairing in a neater way than in the photo, although it will otherwise similar.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - stoppers!

Arrived today: these in combination with the s/s braided line, should sharpen up the brakes!

item.JPG

Crazy

Hi Crazy,

Can you tell us the EBC part number as I would be very interested to purchase these as well, as the front brakes need all the improvements that I can give them!

Thanks - Keep up the good work - I will be very intrigued to see how the 150cc upgrade works out!

HerbertD said:
Hi Crazy,

Can you tell us the EBC part number as I would be very interested to purchase these as well, as the front brakes need all the improvements that I can give them!

Thanks - Keep up the good work - I will be very intrigued to see how the 150cc upgrade works out!

EBC FA165HH for the brake pads. I am also keen to see how it goes with the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom