The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - stoppers!

I think Crazy and I must be on the same page. I spent Saturday morning fitting EBC pads, +1 front sprocket, piggy back shocks.

The two 10mm bolts that hold on the front sprocket where not much tighter, than finger tight. Some loctite 263 will fix that. :eek: Very happy with the Ace I have called "The Wasp" Due to sound it makes at high revs.

Whereabouts are you Dan? - sounds like you must be in east coast Oz.

Your new shocks look to be a big improvement on the originals!

Have you made any changes to the exhaust? I found that you get a throatier note with a 18mm hole drilled through the rear baffle plate.
It's still quite quiet and a bit more horsepower is made available. It looks like you've dumped the EGR unit (and the kickstart). Have you done any re-jetting yet?

Crazy

looking good mate.
Not as many mods as yours Crazy , stainless header with turbo muffler bar end mirrors, made a headlight "eye brow" shroud and painted some of the chrome bits satin black to combat the dreaded tin worm ,blanked off the EGR and replaced the tank strap with red 2 inch seat belt webbing,next step is to upgrade the front brakes and see if i can get race tech springs to fit the front forks as well as some michelin M45 tyres

Attachments

• 945165_10200166976161009_354976802_n.jpg
    945165_10200166976161009_354976802_n.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 192900_10200120812966958_141937662_o.jpg
    192900_10200120812966958_141937662_o.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 412

stroker crazy said:
Whereabouts are you Dan? - sounds like you must be in east coast Oz.

It looks like you've dumped the EGR unit (and the kickstart). Have you done any re-jetting yet?

Crazy

I am as far south as you can go before freezing. Dumped the EGR, 26mm mikuni, kick start kept on hitting my inside of my leg. I did hit 100 kph on the speedo a couple of times today on the way back from a friends place.

A collective of ACE's is called.

sprocket2cog - that pipe looks like it will have liberated a bit more power! Let me know how you go with the fork springs as I will soon be looking for some my bike.

Just Dan said:
I am as far south as you can go before freezing.

Unless you're from The Land of the Long White Cloud the furthest south that I know is Southport, TAZ.

Showing 100k sounds pretty good to me, what jets are you using? Aces look to be pretty popular in your neck of the woods; there must be quite a few of them here in SinCity but I've yet to see two together.

yeah just the exhaust system added about 10kph to the top end as i only weigh 60kg.

i know its not as good as a dyno, but ive checked the app and gps receiver agaunst several speedos and its right on as far as i can tell. but heres a quick speed trace i did on the ace.
top speed just shy of 108kph but i know ive hit about 120 according to the bike speedo i just didnt have the trace on that day. (110 is common but 120 is realy pushing with a tail wind)

Attachments

• 531475_4538407542134_1369542878_n.jpg
    531475_4538407542134_1369542878_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 333

stroker crazy said:
sprocket2cog - that pipe looks like it will have liberated a bit more power! Let me know how you go with the fork springs as I will soon be looking for some my bike.

Unless you're from The Land of the Long White Cloud the furthest south that I know is Southport, TAZ.

Showing 100k sounds pretty good to me, what jets are you using? Aces look to be pretty popular in your neck of the woods; there must be quite a few of them here in SinCity but I've yet to see two together.

I am just over hour North of Southport. Since the three of us have bought the ACE's . It seems to sparked a lot of other people interest.

I put the sintered pads in my bike and brakes are not any better. Squeezing the brake goes just about to the handlebar. I looking around a braided hose as you can feel the standard one expand when pulling on the brakes. Also found a 4 pot brembo caliper that might fit on.

Nice part of the world, down on the Huon!
But I prefer to wait for summer.

The addition of a s/s braided hose helps a fair bit, but I think one finger stoppies are unlikely.

Crazy

Hi Crazy, did you get the SS brake line made up or did you get an exsisting part, if so do you have a link etc, cheers

Tom Terrific! That's your avatar! Now I can sleep at night.

I'm glad you can get some rest!

You can't possibly be old enough to have watched Tom and mighty Manfred the wonder dog during their heyday.

Crazy

Re: Re: the "Ace" - stoppers!

I watched a bit of Captain Kangaroo as a kid.

I was trying to think what else could be done to improve the visual image of the bike and must admit
that the rear mudguard would make one hell of a difference if it was to be shortened or even removed
all together. Like most on here it would be easy to mount a little round brake light back of the seat hump
and fitted some fairing mounted indicators tidy's up the tail a lot!!!
Like this picture
l
l
\/

Anyway that's just my opinion

Attachments

• kansas_cb750_cafe2.jpg
    kansas_cb750_cafe2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 314

That is a tidy bike!

As for the 'Ace'; I like the 'Dream' look so I will stick to making it run a bit stronger and leave the cosmetics alone.

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom