The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy said:
You need to keep as much header length as possible so as not to loose power. ..

Crazy

heres what im running on mine atm, 38mm stainless header (which is no longer being made) and a turbo muffler, its actually a longer header and overall its longer then a stock system, it added nearly 10kph to the top speed with out any other mods. crazy is dead on , if you can find someone to weld a length of header where you cut it to make it longer it would help keep the power up

Attachments

• DSCF4715.JPG
    DSCF4715.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 272
This thread is a great resource. Thanks to StrokerCrazy and Sprocket2cog. I still have not seen one in the flesh :( I hope to see one this weekend.

Wayne

ACEitup said:
I'm from the shire …

I'm in Glebe - send me a PM and maybe we can arrange a meet-up.

cafe59 said:
learn not to stall at lights, …

The world would be so astonished at seeing a flush* of 'Aces' they probably wouldn't notice that one of them had stalled!

*thanks to ACEitup (I think?)

WJPez said:
I hope to see one this weekend.

Good luck Wayne!

Crazy

cafe59 said:
That's for sure, I just need to learn not to stall at lights, otherwise I would be an embarrassment for the gang :D
Haha, I've got the L's on too!
But I'd be blaming the egr :-[

sprocket2cog said:
heres what im running on mine atm, 38mm stainless header (which is no longer being made) and a turbo muffler, its actually a longer header and overall its longer then a stock system, it added nearly 10kph to the top speed with out any other mods. crazy is dead on , if you can find someone to weld a length of header where you cut it to make it longer it would help keep the power up
Sprocket,
I think I have pipe envy! :p
ACEitup

sprocket2cog said:

I bet that system would really rock at 150cc.

stroker crazy said:
The world would be so astonished at seeing a flush* of 'Aces' they probably wouldn't notice that one of them had stalled!

*thanks to ACEitup (I think?)

GROAN

Greetings ace owners,
first time poster here. have just put 95kms on the clock of my shiny new ace 125
time to catch up with you guys in development . i am enjoying riding this bike stock but am looking forward to many improvements over the next few months.
are the jets for the stock carby for mikuni or kehin???

hey crazy here is the finished pipe cb125 conversion, header was ported and shortened plus a 5mm spacer added for the mount, muffler gutted, shortened and 4inch 35mm baffle installed, custom bottom mount then all welded. fair bit of work for a pipe that was advertised as a bolt on for a cb125. it sounds good and is louder than i expected.

Attachments

• pipe01.jpg
    pipe01.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 253
I finally got to see my first Ace yesterday and it fits me like a glove ;D
All I need to do now is find a dealer who will do me a good deal.

Wayne

Just upgraded the front brake master cylinder with a nissin unit from a 96 CB250 nighthawk i had on an old bike it was plug and play, the stock hose and brake light switch connectors went on with out a hitch.
its a little harder on the feel but it added about 40% extra braking force to the front with out any other changes, except new brake fluid.
(excuse the stripped screw, PO hacked it, getting new ones tommorow)

Attachments

• DSCF4725.JPG
    DSCF4725.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 298
sprocket2cog said:
Just upgraded the front brake master cylinder …

I've been looking out for a new master, partly because of clearance issues with my clip-ons. I would like a small remote reservoir unit but I haven't found anything suitable yet. Has anyone any suggestions?

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
I've been looking out for a new master, partly because of clearance issues with my clip-ons. I would like a small remote reservoir unit but I haven't found anything suitable yet. Has anyone any suggestions?

Crazy
maybe something like this set, cable clutch and remote reservoir master cylinder.one of the other guys found it the other day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350750487743

completed a 2 rides in the last week. Now up to 150km on the ace125.
Popped the lid off and checked the valve clearance: Exhaust 0.003 and inlet 0.0025 was still abit warm though after a 60km ride. I will have to check it again tomorrow.

get plenty of thumbs up from fellas stuck in their vehicles lol. Expecially with my leather wraped helmet and goggles on LOL :)

Many fun times to be had, and I am holding off to modding the engine until it's had a good 500km on it. I don't mind the current power (or lack of).

I have an FJ1200 & TRX850 for power fun.

Things I'll do:
remove the exhaust - pack it up.
Get a pipe guy in town to bend me a stainless header up, and purchase a stainless exhaust (should be lighter)
remove the emissions thingy and put the plate in.
some new jets
new front sproket
better bars - more forward and lower
bar end mirrors
new tyres

Thats probably about it.

possibly:
remove electric start
rear mudguard
new smaller brake light & numberplate locator.

Hopefully by this time we will have done away with Rego stickers all together and only need the number plate for identification.

Cheers, S.

Image below is not showing - thought I would link drop box image, but nevermind.

have a look here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9abs0jf592djlg/ace.jpg

ace.jpg

sprocket2cog said:
maybe something like this …

Thanks for the link - they appear to be disinclined to post to Australia, however I am trying to work around that.

stevodude said:
I am holding off to modding the engine …

They sure are fun to ride!

I use a hard run-in but mine was nowhere near run-in at 500k. Where are you based Steve?

Crazy

stevodude said:
completed a 2 rides in the last week. Now up to 150km on the ace125.
Popped the lid off and checked the valve clearance: Exhaust 0.003 and inlet 0.0025 was still abit warm though after a 60km ride. I will have to check it again tomorrow.

get plenty of thumbs up from fellas stuck in their vehicles lol. Expecially with my leather wraped helmet and goggles on LOL :)

Many fun times to be had, and I am holding off to modding the engine until it's had a good 500km on it. I don't mind the current power (or lack of).

I have an FJ1200 & TRX850 for power fun.

Things I'll do:
remove the exhaust - pack it up.
Get a pipe guy in town to bend me a stainless header up, and purchase a stainless exhaust (should be lighter)
remove the emissions thingy and put the plate in.
some new jets
new front sproket
better bars - more forward and lower
bar end mirrors
new tyres

Thats probably about it.

possibly:
remove electric start
rear mudguard
new smaller brake light & numberplate locator.

Hopefully by this time we will have done away with Rego stickers all together and only need the number plate for identification.

Cheers, S.

Image below is not showing - thought I would link drop box image, but nevermind.

have a look here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9abs0jf592djlg/ace.jpg

ace.jpg
Hi Stevo,
Definatley fun bike,
700k's on mine and still improving :D
Where r u located?
cheers ACEitup

Back
Top Bottom