The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Hi Folks

The Snake Motors bike looks ace!

Went out on mine for the first time tonight - 150cc of raw power!

Initial impressions are:-

I'm fat....
Balls to how it looks - them handle bars are getting moved back up......
The rear brake is truly crap....
I'd better be more careful on roundabouts coz it doesn't set off like me Harley!

Loved it though - I will strip the rear wheel and check the shoes, already moved the bars after calling at friend Patch's on the way home for emergency brew and borrowing his spannners. Loads better.

As far as moving or altering this forum goes I'm all for anything that keeps it going. It's nice to be able to share stuff - especially when it's all about putting in and helping like minded people. I appreciate the efforts of those who do more than just post - thank you.

Dave

That looks fantastic, I'm very tempted to remove the rear guard too but as mine is a daily ride I need to be covered for rain/hail/shine.

Yup - you guys can create brand new topics within the area of course, and if you want I can create entire sub-sections within the space for different discussions like I have the rest of the site organized if you want SkyTeam specific selling threads etc.

Tim said:
Yup - you guys can create brand new topics within the area of course, and if you want I can create entire sub-sections within the space for different discussions like I have the rest of the site organized if you want SkyTeam specific selling threads etc.

Again Thanks Tim

All rather than mudd this thread I've created a new one to discuss in http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?board=101.0

Tim said:
I really want one myself.

Applause to mikeyw64 for his initiative in setting up web services for the Ace.

One model sites can get somewhat blinkered. Our presence here on DTT exposes us to a whole world of ideas and expertise.
Many 'Ace' owners are like myself in that while we enjoy the Ace for what it is, we have wider interests in the world of motorcycling.
DTT caters to us all.

Tim - I don't know what the problem is with distributors in the USofA and Canuckistan, but you would think importing the 'Ace' would be a winner.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
One model sites can get somewhat blinkered. Our presence here on DTT exposes us to a whole world of ideas and expertise.
Many 'Ace' owners are like myself in that while we enjoy the Ace for what it is, we have wider interests in the world of motorcycling.
DTT caters to us all.

Crazy

Word.

Hey all,
New tail lights just arrived from my fav shopping place!
china ;)
did I see a wiring diagram on here somewhere?
Was it you mikey?
thxs in advance
my job list is getting bigger
don't now if I want it rain on weekends or not any more!
Ace addicted ;D
Not Blog savvy enough to start making new sub-board for it , if that's
what u call it?
Will do a step by step on front shock upgrade
too , weather pending
cheers ACEitup

ACEitup said:
Hey all,
china ;)
Was it you mikey?
thxs in advance
Ace addicted ;D
what u call it?
too , weather pending
cheers ACEitup

the user manual has a wiring diagram folded up in the back as well

ACEitup said:
Hey all,
china ;)
Was it you mikey?
thxs in advance
Ace addicted ;D
what u call it?
too , weather pending
cheers ACEitup

Added as a new thread

When your in the index at http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?board=101.0 just click on New Topic & fill in the blanks :)

Any chance i can get my thread pushed over to the DTT SkyTeam Ace area?

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=53083

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone in the UK managed to get a replacement front pipe made up ? Was considering just buying a CG125 pattern exhaust to saw the chrome front pipe off = downpipe & no cat , chrome for about £50 seems a decent plan on the face of it ?

Bojer said:
Has anyone in the UK managed to get a replacement front pipe made up ? Was considering just buying a CG125 pattern exhaust to saw the chrome front pipe off = downpipe & no cat , chrome for about £50 seems a decent plan on the face of it ?

see http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55481.new#new

Thought I'd post some pictures - unfortunately they have to be 'in shed' for now as we are having some 'bad weather' and by the time I am home it is dark.

They should show my idea of a tidy rear, raised headlamp, the chunky good looks of China's finest 150cc and the indicators I fitted - which seem to be like the standard ones fitted to bikes in Oz.....

I'll try for outside pics this weekend

Dave

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 948
  • Raised lamp.jpg
    Raised lamp.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 996
  • Chunky chappy.jpg
    Chunky chappy.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 973
  • overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 983
looking good, im pretty sure the indicators here in OZ dont look like your new ones, they are the same as the stock ones else where. i just painted mine black :)

Attachments

• 972292_10200225137655010_938961140_a.jpg
    972292_10200225137655010_938961140_a.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 903
Back
Top Bottom