The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

cafe59 said:
I have read that you can drill out a hole in the exhaust.
Hey Cafe,
I'm a newbie myself, bought mine late sept
learning a lot from dtt
prob read it all 3 times for it to make sense to me :eek:
Having said that I'll give u my thoughts on my mech mods
1. egr did little to change performance but its ugly! chucked it
and capped off,
this was my first fabrication job ever
2. spark plug, toss the standard and bought a ngk ......
havent got the number in front of me can post it later for u
i noticed a clear performance increase with this
3. cut the cat off/out !! how and which u choose, will come down to your patience and
if you or a friend can weld. me a carton of beer at my mates factory for an hour or so did the trick
as u can see by the picture attached it really restrictive ( approx 100mm long)
drilling a hole in the end of the muffler is pretty well useless?
and there is another in muffler section
4.technical info I read,but know nothing about , but sounds fair
keep length of exhaust past rear axle (approx) and keep some back pressure
(straight thru sounds awesome in my garage) but really does need that back pressure
to make the gains, (still messing with this)
5. some guys r re-jetting standard carby?
I went in the deep end with a chinese mikuni
prob should gone with the real thing but hey it's $40 bucks from china
what could possibly go wrong?
My thinking was if it didnt go right , swap the old one back?
without risking my weekend ride (also still messing with this!)
lucky for me this was winner thou a little awkward to adjust due to screw placement
anyway sorry I'm starting to ramble on here!
6. Now I had freed up air intake , exhaust and created power
7. geared up the front cog to 16T loving this!! ordering a 17T
to see if I can wind some more out of this puppy! ;D
enjoy the ride .....
cheers ACEitup

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,059
ACEitup said:
... spark plug, toss the standard and bought a ngk ......

... keep length of exhaust past rear axle (approx) and keep some back pressure
(straight thru sounds awesome in my garage) but really does need that back pressure

... geared up the front cog to 16T loving this!!

cheers ACEitup

- going to try all these tips on my bike this weekend ! - cheers ACE !

Haz

Ok, this probably does not apply to you guys in Australia nor in Europe, but it could happens one day though. Since everyone is so happy with M45/Pilot Sporty, I thought I might as well go with it, but I'm having real problem getting either Michelin M45 or Pilot Sporty in HK. Michelin HK says, "is such a awkward size and not very popular at all in Asia", they decided to withdraw the product from HK/China/Macau. It can still be ordered through Thailand, but which is made in Thailand not Europe anymore.

Where does your M45/Pilot Sporty is made? Anyone knows?

Has anyone have experiences with Bridgestone or Dunlop?

從我的 用 iPad 發送

What's the details of M45 again? I might just get myself a pair from eBay and DIY.....

從我的 用 iPad 發送

ACEitup said:
Hey Cafe,
I'm a newbie myself, bought mine late sept
learning a lot from dtt
prob read it all 3 times for it to make sense to me :eek:
Having said that I'll give u my thoughts on my mech mods
1. egr did little to change performance but its ugly! chucked it
and capped off,
this was my first fabrication job ever
2. spark plug, toss the standard and bought a ngk ......
havent got the number in front of me can post it later for u
3. cut the cat off/out !! how and which u choose, will come down to your patience and
if you or a friend can weld. me a carton of beer at my mates factory for an hour or so did the trick
as u can see by the picture attached it really restrictive ( approx 100mm long)
drilling a hole in the end of the muffler is pretty well useless?
and there is another in muffler section
4.technical info I read,but know nothing about , but sounds fair
keep length of exhaust past rear axle (approx) and keep some back pressure
5. some guys r re-jetting standard carby?
I went in the deep end with a chinese mikuni
prob should gone with the real thing but hey it's $40 bucks from china
what could possibly go wrong?
My thinking was if it didnt go right , swap the old one back?
without risking my weekend ride (also still messing with this!)
lucky for me this was winner thou a little awkward to adjust due to screw placement
anyway sorry I'm starting to ramble on here!
6. Now I had freed up air intake , exhaust and created power
7. geared up the front cog to 16T loving this!! ordering a 17T
to see if I can wind some more out of this puppy! ;D
enjoy the ride .....
cheers ACEitup

Thanks for that ACEitup, I have bough myself a stage 1 kit from OO and slowly installing it - removing EGR, re-jetting, putting a filter on and also bought a 17T front sprocket. I am going to get rid of the cat and put a muffler on, but need to get to my P's first... so I was just wondering whether drilling a hole would help before I put the muffler on. No worries I will just do the test and then put the muffler on!

Thanks for your help!

josephau said:
What's the details of M45 again? I might just get myself a pair from eBay and DIY.....

從我的 用 iPad 發送

Hey there,

It's 2.75x18 front and 3.00x18 rear. You can definitely do it yourself, it's just a bit harder than put tyres on a pushbike, just did it on the weekend ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
Hey there,

It's 2.75x18 front and 3.00x18 rear. You can definitely do it yourself, it's just a bit harder than put tyres on a pushbike, just did it on the weekend ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

Yep easy to do yourself bit of WD40 and mine popped on with a little force.

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

cool, thx for all the help, will order a pair and do it myself.

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

My bike finally got delivered yesterday ;D, the only problem is I now have to wait 2 weeks for the Skyteam exhaust to arrive :(
I took it out for a 15 minute ride last night just to see what it was like. Its a very different riding position to what I remembered from my last bike 19 years ago. It is also slow, but I knew that would be the case. I did not get the dealer to fit the mirrors as I had already purchased bar end mirrors like the ones most of the guys on here are using. I will keep the standard bars for now. Do the bar end mirrors actually give a reasonable view behind? It looks like they might be hard to get a decent view. I also have an Iridium plug and egr blanking plate to fit. I also bought new jets when I ordered the exhaust, is it worth fitting these with the standard exhaust still fitted or should I wait until I fit the derestricted one?

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne, the mirrors (bar end) are a little harder to see back with then the stock ones , you will need to knock the bar end weights in to the bars a bit to fit them.fit the jets, it wont hurt, the bike is set up lean from factory a bit to pass emission testing, and it gives you something to do while the exhaust comes.

sprocket2cog said:
Wayne, the mirrors (bar end) are a little harder to see back with then the stock ones , you will need to knock the bar end weights in to the bars a bit to fit them.fit the jets, it wont hurt, the bike is set up lean from factory a bit to pass emission testing, and it gives you something to do while the exhaust comes.

Thanks, I will fit the mirrors andd egr plate on Friday. I am then going out for a ride with my Dad, its been nearly 20 years since we have been out for a ride together.

Is there any trick to replacing the jets? Once jets are fitted, do they bottom out or is there a certain number of turns that works best as an initial setup?

Wayne

WJPez said:
Thanks, I will fit the mirrors andd egr plate on Friday. I am then going out for a ride with my Dad, its been nearly 20 years since we have been out for a ride together.

Is there any trick to replacing the jets? Once jets are fitted, do they bottom out or is there a certain number of turns that works best as an initial setup?

Wayne
the jets just screw in no tricks

josephau said:
Has anyone have experiences with Bridgestone or Dunlop?

I put dunlop K82 and it made a HUGE difference. Really grip the road, even when wet. They have this old school pattern that fits the bike.
I mod the bike a lot (exhaust, carb, jet, filter, brake, sprocket etc) but this is the mod that really changed the riding experience (along with all the engine tweaks that made it more torque and top speed).

Attachments

• ACE_04.jpg
    ACE_04.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 714
  • ACE_03.jpg
    ACE_03.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 334
  • ACE_09.jpg
    ACE_09.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
Hi Guys,

Fellow Ace rider here. I have been following along in this thread for some time now. I picked up my Ace back in September last year and I have found this site and its users so resourceful, so thank you to all who contribute.

So far I have done the standard majority of upgrades and I am fast approaching 2000kms.

Currently I have an oil leak which seems to be originating behind the black plastic thingy (with electrical cable entering) under the crankcase. The black plastic thingy has a star screw in it which seems to be on tight. You can see it in Stroker Crazys post on page 86 under the chain and crankcase. Thoughts anyone?

Also anyone else having significant oil leaks? solving solutions?

One final thing, I brought the exhaust Silencer Performance Stainless Steel Cafe racer 45mm bore from Ooracing, had Stainless Steel header pipe made (before OO started selling theirs). Is it just my Ace or is everyones as loud as mine? Its crazy loud! an hour on the bike and the ears ring for two! I guess the old saying goes, loud bikes save lives!

thanks

Danman32 said:
... I brought the exhaust Silencer Performance Stainless Steel Cafe racer 45mm bore from Ooracing, had Stainless Steel header pipe made (before OO started selling theirs). Is it just my Ace or is everyones as loud as mine? Its crazy loud! an hour on the bike and the ears ring for two!

... have the same setup on mine, but with 00racings header ... love the sounds at idle, deep bass, throaty & nice. But at higher rpm's, it can be a little tinny and loud. Am trying to dampen the sound down a little and will be experimenting with baffles and S/S scouring pads.

My sound file's posted under Black Framed ACE ...

Haz

Back
Top Bottom