The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Indicators continued:

Installed M10 x 1.25 thread inserts, removed internal ribs, started polishing.
Drilled wiring access holes in mounting bolts.

Awaiting BA15 sockets from the Middle Kingdom.

Attachments

• Indicators 5.jpg
    Indicators 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 227
  • Indicators 6.jpg
    Indicators 6.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 215
kevmaster said:
A red seat...on the silver bullet...you must post pics...

Unfortunately a high class lounge chair took precedence over "The Silver Bullet".

Will post as soon I recieve.

When you put the chair in the Garage, just to watch your bullet, then I understand it...sit in front of your Baby....I would do so... ;)

Hi Acethusiasts,

just a short question. Does someone mounted a revcounter on the ACE? And how do I connect it, that it Shows the rpm? THX for help.

Rgds

Kev

I run the black version of this.

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/t-t-multifunction-instrument/10034806

Tachos usually come with a wiring diagram. The pick up for the revs sometimes comes from wrapping a wire a certain number of turns around the lead between coil and spark plug. It reads the pulses that are being sent to the spark plug. There is also often an option to tap in to the wire between the CDI and coil. See Type A and B in this diagram. Depending on the model, there will probably be a setting in the tacho to tell it whether the bike is a 2 or 4 stroke. Here is the wiring diagram for my tacho/speedo

https://cdn2.louis.de/content/catalogue/articles/zusatz/anl/T&T_english.pdf?_ga=1.61538988.1447467012.1481222961

I had trouble getting mine to sense rpms properly using either method, jumped all over the place. But eventually sorted it. See my most on March 22nd and before in here

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=61167.30

Has anyone put a change light o. Their ace. I need a 10000 rpm one. Bright and small . Need to reduce my speedo area. I really like what I have but it is a bit of an air brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ho.

I'll bet your screen isn't as much of an air brake as the rest of your bike and you.

Perhaps it's time to go for a fairing? :D

I've toiled with putting a tachometer and rev light on mine there's plenty of options out there I was looking at fully programmable car units encapsulated in a nice home made stainless case but then I thought just how accurate is it without a dyno etc

Either way it's still a lump hung out front. Maybe if you want to squeeze that little more you'd be better just shaving the weight or reshaping it for less resistance.

Just my tuppence for what it's worth

Just have fun however you go

Allaster

Hi Acethusiasts, Hi Tad,

we talked about putting on some nice piece of leather on the ACE. So I took a belt of mine, and here it is. Brown leather on black ACE (Problem: Now I loose my pants... :D )

Rgds

Kevin

Attachments

• 20161215_131407.jpg
    20161215_131407.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 206
Ah , forgot to mention, if I add a screen , it will change my class for land speed racing. Will put me from 175 m- pg to 175 mps- pg. any fairing added will do this. Must run bike bare. Not for on road use. If I put a fairing on bike it will be a full fairing . Running out of time to mount one this year. Would more likely make a few more mph with one

orrible-64 said:
Ah , forgot to mention, if I add a screen , it will change my class for land speed racing. Will put me from 175 m- pg to 175 mps- pg. any fairing added will do this. Must run bike bare. Not for on road use. If I put a fairing on bike it will be a full fairing . Running out of time to mount one this year. Would more likely make a few more mph with one

Would look great with a dustbin fairing on her.

Back
Top Bottom