"Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750

Re: "Tangerine Dream" - KZ750

Honestly don't think a chain was ever greased on this gem, keeper tabs with factory lashup :-*

s-l1600.jpg

Yea, that needs to be a wall clock for your garage / den !!

That's as close to new as you can get - nearly forty years old ?????

Preliminary enquiries look like being around £250 for the stainless steel high level scrambler type pipes.

Tank is nearly there now .................. rough shaping complete, depression around the filler filled in and the filler neck is awaiting cutting down before sealing in place with metal filler.

Weber manifold / conversion completed. I am having a second manifold made with 3" runners and a slightly steeper downdraught angle [ 10 degrees instead of 5 ]. SOMEWHERE in my garage there's a box of stainless hoses and Earl's fittings ..... just need to find them !!

A lot of work for some subtle styling changes ! [ Monza cap aside ].

The wheel arrived today! Holy smokes what a deal... This hub has almost no miles on it, the Dunlop is likely the stock tire.

d162d1dc4f0f26f0c73d61d75073dbe0.jpg

bb86d064733103ec77180128acafbc46.jpg

e9274b9ce287e2584d819a6cedf88b81.jpg

Those blue marks by the lock tabs are very likely factory QA check marks :eek:

That is truly amazing condition - I wonder what the rest of the bike is like !! 8)

Sincere thanx TAF.

That wheel DOES look like new !!! Amazing.

Paypal on it's way tonight - thanx again.

A bit more detail work on the tank - the shape is almost there now, and the depression around the filler cap now long gone. Maybe another hour or so and I'll be ready for final primer - then we're into colour. ;D

I'm collecting my 25 ltr blast pot next week together with a sack of blasting soda - hopefully my compressor is up to the job otherwise I have to lug it all up to my pal's workshop. Then it's blast the engine and some odds ready for painting and detailing.

Hopefully I'll have a rolling chassis by year's end.

The xs500 rear hub should be here by the weekend - not far away then.

Poncho said:
Message sent, looks like UK customs has it now.

Christmas comes early this year !!! Can' wait to see those Borrani / Gimeca braked wheels finally assembled.

Managed to pick up some self adhesive close cell foam for the seat base and alloy tube to match the Monza cap to the KZ tank from the classic bike show at the weekend.

Also 3 quality burrs I need to fettle the Weber intake manifold.

Well, that'll teach me to "guess" measurements !! Alloy tube too big enough to fit into the fuel cap opening in the tank! ::)

Plan b - cut off the extension neck on the filler and metal epoxy it direct to the tank. Oh well the tube was only a few quid, and I've already got another use for it.

While I was at it I did a bit more reshaping around the filler and a bit more fine shaping - not far off now.

There's a bit of fettling to do on the Weber intake I had made, then I can have a final trial fit of the 40DCOE.

As soon as the rear hub (xs500) arrives I can finally assemble the rear wheel and trial fit to make up spacers etc. Currently customs taking their time !

Then it's front forks in and ditto with the Grimeca front wheel.

My eye calipers are not what they were either. I yam waiting with bad breath to see the hub lashed up tho... what with customs to hold so long for a lump of metal?

Poncho said:
My eye calipers are not what they were either. I yam waiting with bad breath to see the hub lashed up tho... what with customs to hold so long for a lump of metal?

They like to think they are important !!!!!

Finally tracked the hub down !!

4 days Memphis to Birmingham ( England ) - TEN DAYS AWAITING CUSTOMS VALUATION !!!! That's just 10 miles away.

And the valuation ( that'll be a laugh ) will be up to another 4 days.

A bit more progress while I'm waiting or customs to pull their finger out. ::)

The tank shaping around the filler WAS more or less complete - then I decided to lose the filler neck plinth altogether. Overall I'm pleased I did go to the extra trouble to use the Brass Monza cap. 8)

Back
Top Bottom