About Abel Brown Co.

mikewerx

Been Around the Block
So it's probably about time I write a post, to let you guys in a little bit about what Abel Brown is all about, and some of the products that will be rolling out in the next 6 months.

About: Abel Brown was founded in the believe that high quality goods, still have a place in today's world, with the addition of modern technology & fit. Our search for something better then what we could find in the market, usually leads to us making something new ourselves, as we know we can do better. Our team is comprised of guys and gals that come from the performance apparel & gear world, as well as some classy folks that clean up well when the grease eventually is scraped off their hands. We also ride & build motorcycles of course, so the brand has great roots for everything to go back to.

Our first products: About a month or two ago, we slowly launched our first round of moto gloves, all with a style of heritage gloves, like the bikes we love, except built with new world features, protection, and fit. From what we were finding on the market was either so simple and basic that we could buy from the local market, and never heald up, or when we did find amaxing fit and protection, they were black and red, or white and yellow, which is great for the crotch rocket racers, but we were more into the vintage heritage style. We use amazing leathers and materials, and continue to strive to make the best fitting, longest lasting gloves out there. Here are some pics of our initial glove offering below.

I look forward to being able to spread to love to the community here, and offering some specials down the road. Thanks for the support.

Attachments

• AB-Dual_Natural-F.jpg
    AB-Dual_Natural-F.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 516
  • AB-Hero_Black-F.jpg
    AB-Hero_Black-F.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 502
  • AB-Casted_Brown-F.jpg
    AB-Casted_Brown-F.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 506
  • AB-X_Brown-F.jpg
    AB-X_Brown-F.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 496
http://www.abelbrown.com/

cool website and photo journal... maybe I missed it, but there is no info on where the stuff is made (??)

Hey Guys,

A few years ago we opened a workshop in Pakistan, where a large amount of global motorcycle leather manufacturing goes on, and hand picked some of the best craftsmen from the bigger factories, to bring them in-house to develop some of our more technical gloves & some other items. So these specific gloves are designed here in Colorado, and built in our own facility there, where we can control all aspects of quality & production. Some of our other products are made here in the US, some are made in South America, Some in Japan, and some in Europe. We try and match the products to where they can be made to the higher standards we expect, and by regions that are known for being skilled in that type of products.

Hope that's a good explanation to our sourcing & production ethos.

A little while back I picked up a pair of the Casted gloves when they were on Huckberry.com. I have only ridden in them once or twice, but so far so good. I'm really looking forward to putting some miles on them next season to see how they hold up.

I love the way they look. I have noticed that the more I put them on the softer the leather feels. The knuckle guards also feel like they would offer some decent protection. Much more than my last set of MX gloves. My only issue is that I wear a large in other gloves, but the large I got are just a little too big for me. The fingers of the glove extend about a 1/4 inch past my finger-tips. I think a medium may have been better, but I won’t really know until I have put a few more miles on them.

All in all I really like them. I'm happy about the purchase and you can't beat the price.

AB-Casted_Brown-F.jpg

I bought myself a pair of the Dual model in natural, and while I haven't ridden in them yet I will say they seem very well made, come in an handy cloth storage bag with the AB logo in leather on it (natural, matching the gloves which was a nice touch) and fit very well.

The size Large fit my hands well - I think my palm measures around 9.5-9.75 inches around. Will double check that and get some pics of my pair up.

They look awesome! I'll be watching and making a purchase in the New Year some time! 8)

Me too, my awful coloured yellow black red joe rockets wore through this summer. I really like the looks of these and the tents look pretty nifty too.

I received the "X" glove as a gift from my girlfriend and they are fantastic. Reminds me of the quality of leather on some of the high end baseball gloves I used to buy, but better. Still too cold to ride, but when it starts warming up I'll be wearing these all the time.

My Dual's arrived!! Woohoo! Beautiful workmanship and the fitment is great, can't wait to get out on the road in them!
2a9417e2-257a-4738-9aec-41ab12f5cfa1.jpg

Size chart? Sure thing, there's a sizing chart on each glove page, right next to the size drop down. Here is it here also. Cheers

Attachments

• AB_GloveSizes.jpg
    AB_GloveSizes.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,153
mikewerx said:
Size chart? Sure thing, there's a sizing chart on each glove page, right next to the size drop down. Here is it here also. Cheers

I totally missed it. Thank you!

Here are some new travel products, you shouldn't hit the road without... Cheers

Homestake camp chair
Chair_Homestake.jpg

Packs down very small
Chair_Alite2_large.jpg

And of course the infamous Nomad Moto tent, just needs a high point of 36" to attach to, or the nearest tree.
Tent_Side_large.jpg

Tent_Front-side_large.jpg

And includes a handy aluminum kick stand plate, to ensure sturdy footing
Tent_Plate_large.jpg

Man I really like those Casted black ones.. wish I'd seen these before I got my RSD's although I'm still liking them the velcro on one glove has all but worn away.

I would love to see some gloves one day that had a snap closure on the wrist instead of velcro. Velcro is so cheap, it's scratchy and always seems to find the little paper cuts I have on my hand plus it grabs hold of any fluff that in a pocket and is impossible to remove.

Back
Top Bottom