More work on the face.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 385
I spent some time in the shop the last couple of days. I made up an electrics pan and worked up a seat pan. I'm not sure how/where I'm going to mount the battery but I will cross that bridge when the battery geta here. I'm still working on routing the wiring I have a pretty good map laid out but again the final wire up will happen when the battery gets here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 376
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 382
I made a mock up of the battery I ordered and started to work on positioning it. I will build a box out of perforated steel for the battery to rest in. I did some routing on the wiring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 368
I also put some pins in to secure the seat I may change this setup in the future but this works for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943.6 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 363
I recived the new battery and made a box out of perforated steel to nestel it up under the seat. The box will be painted and riveted to the electrics tray.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.5 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 365
So it has been a quite a while between now and my last post. I have been working on a couple of other projects and had kind of put this one on the back burner.
Today I got back around to it and started dropping in some wire. I have started mounting all the components. Put the Reg/rec where it can get plenty of air and got the front light wired into the hand switch. I Also put some new bearings in the rear wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    929.7 KB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
It's been a wile since I have posted anything. Yesterday I put in some work on the wiring and am very near to completion. I ran out of wiring components and had to run to town. That kind of slowed my roll.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 320
I Put some paint down on the tank. Also started to strip and prep the front fender.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 308
Up on two wheels. Paint and first round of clear coat down. I also built a set of throttle cables and put all my fuel and case vent lines in place( not pictured)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 331
The fenders were done in a textured black. The tank needs another coat of clear and wet sanding. It was in the low 30's when I sprayed the tank so I think this may have impacted how the clear coat went down.

JGHiggins1 said:
That's a problem! Ordered a replacement tonight.
Good job on the bike man! Looking good!

I'm wondering how did you notice that the camshaft was broken there? Any major damages?

Hope it shows up in no time, so you have her running again.

Cheers!

Thanks dualero. I noticed when the engine stopped during my initial fire up and carb adjusting. One of the bolts on the cam sprocket had sheared and the other bolt stripped and slung out. Luckily the one that stripped and worked out was still lined up and holding the timing sprocket to the camshaft. So the pistons did not slam into the valves. Everything turns freely and I'm keeping my figures crossed.

I have had some questions about the tank for this project so I took a couple of pics from one I'm working currently. The tank is off an older (76ish?) CB750. I widened the tunnel to fit the backbone of the cm. I marked the area I widened with black sharpie. I also had to shorten the mounting tabs on the bike and tank.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 333
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 326
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    640 KB · Views: 315
The new camshaft arrived the other day and I got it put in and everything reassembled. By some miraculous event the pistions did not smash my valves. So all in all I will call it a win.

Progress. Going to fire it up for another test on Thursday so fingeres crossed nothing els decides it has met its limit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    850.2 KB · Views: 304
Stator gave out. So this project is on the shelf until I pick up another. If anyone has one they would be willing to part with let me know.

It has been a long time from my last post. I moved last year and that slowed things down. This project is almost complete at this point just need to wire the kill switch ant the electrics will be done. Still need to cover the seat and tune the carbs. I also need to replace fork seals (got carried away with the ratchet straps when I transported it).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    866.8 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    939.4 KB · Views: 262
Back
Top Bottom