www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Yamaha SR250 - A clean standard build  (Read 112022 times)

Offline JadusMotorcycleParts

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
Re: Yamaha SR250 - A clean standard build
« Reply #730 on: Mar 01, 2017, 16:56:46 »
I have also been pondering something recently that I thought I could gather some opinions on here...

The aluminium guards I designed and tooled up for have been up on the webshop for a while now and I have only sold one, yes one, to a private person.  I have however sold over 20 to custom motorcycle workshops and they love them!  Is there something I am missing?  Are they too difficult to install for the garage builder?  I just presumed most people could bang up a couple custom brackets from aluminium sheet and make em fit.  Or are they a bad design?

Anywho, both Reverb Motorcycles in the UK and Unikat Motorworks in Poland ordered some samples last year some time, loved them, then ordered 10 each at the start of this year - you can see them on an old BMW boxer twin, a W650 and a CB750  ;D

http://www.reverbmotorcycles.com

http://1of1.pl/en/

Maybe I need to develop an easily adjustable bracket mounting system for them to make them more appealing?

Offline Eleganten

« Reply #731 on: Mar 01, 2017, 17:22:42 »
I think the issue mig be that people tend to miss the fact that small scale manufacturing is fairly expensive. If you ask say, 120€ for a non-bolt-on product people will look at other cheaper/easier options. Especially if they don't have a proper garage with good tools/machines. One option I would consider is to offer a to order solution to your fender. In other words, you'll have to drill the holes and sort the mounting brackets for the buyer. Off course this would have to come at an extra cost for the buyer. But I think it might be an option to try out since you don't really lose any money. If you get a lot of response you could get it made as a bolt on product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #732 on: Mar 05, 2017, 15:46:59 »
I think the issue mig be that people tend to miss the fact that small scale manufacturing is fairly expensive. If you ask say, 120€ for a non-bolt-on product people will look at other cheaper/easier options. Especially if they don't have a proper garage with good tools/machines. One option I would consider is to offer a to order solution to your fender. In other words, you'll have to drill the holes and sort the mounting brackets for the buyer. Off course this would have to come at an extra cost for the buyer. But I think it might be an option to try out since you don't really lose any money. If you get a lot of response you could get it made as a bolt on product.

Some good food for thought thanks.  Even though these guards cost nowhere near 120Euro ;)

Offline Eleganten

« Reply #733 on: Mar 05, 2017, 18:49:49 »
At 64€ they should sell a lot more! That's a bloody steal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zap2504

« Reply #734 on: Mar 06, 2017, 21:36:46 »
"The aluminium guards I designed and tooled up for have been up on the webshop for a while now and I have only sold one, yes one, to a private person.  I have however sold over 20 to custom motorcycle workshops and they love them!  Is there something I am missing?  Are they too difficult to install for the garage builder?  I just presumed most people could bang up a couple custom brackets from aluminium sheet and make em fit.  Or are they a bad design?"
Maybe some different marketing? From the 2 posts on your DTT vendor blog it is not evident that you have some universal items, nor does it show the wide range of SR250 parts you carry. Maybe even a posting about your fenders in the fender-specific DTT forum? Mention the universal tank mounts in the tank area? Maybe more emphasis on your web site where you have lots more stuff (and specifics about that stuff)?

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #735 on: Mar 08, 2017, 15:58:22 »
That's a really good point thanks Zap.  I have been so tunnel visioned that I have failed to see how other people might view Jadus/the parts on offer/the webshop.  Sometimes it requires some outside perspective to highlight oversights.

Cheers!

Offline ChrisSpain

« Reply #736 on: Mar 09, 2017, 18:48:31 »
Hi , first time poster here.

For me personally , the mudguard is lovely , and not expensive.

However , it doesn´t have a matching rear counterpart. What is one expected to use on the rear of the bike ?

If it is going to be marketed for the SR people , maybe a matching front / rear kit ?

regards

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #737 on: Mar 17, 2017, 16:03:51 »
Hi , first time poster here.
For me personally , the mudguard is lovely , and not expensive.
However , it doesn´t have a matching rear counterpart. What is one expected to use on the rear of the bike ?
If it is going to be marketed for the SR people , maybe a matching front / rear kit ?
regards

Hi Chris!  Welcome to the site!  And thanks for commenting.  Great point about a set.  My thoughts were actually that people could use the guard in the rear as well - like a stubby rear guard under the tail light, or with the tail light attached even.  A bit like the ones attached...  Yes, all Auto Fabrica, I have a shameless love affair with their bikes/style.

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #738 on: Mar 18, 2017, 14:14:27 »
Phew, side covers done and dusted!  A couple shots...  ;D

I also did another round of dyno testing a couple weekends ago with good results - but I'll do a write up on that over on the other thread!

Offline HerrDeacon

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #739 on: Mar 18, 2017, 14:42:03 »
Very sharp! Nice work, bike looks great.
Perry

1972 Honda CB350 K4 / 1978 Honda XL250S /1982 Honda MB5 / 2014 Honda CB500X