www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CBX550-Brat/urban scrambler on a budget  (Read 30169 times)

Offline Psycrow

Re: CBX550-Brat/urban scrambler on a budget
« Reply #210 on: Oct 08, 2016, 17:53:03 »
love the saddlebag side covers i will be doing something similar on mine for at least the right side only change I would make is swaping the Square headlight for a round one and mounting it a little lower.. but thats just my taste... outstanding job!.

Psy

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #211 on: Oct 08, 2016, 18:06:53 »
love the saddlebag side covers i will be doing something similar on mine for at least the right side only change I would make is swaping the Square headlight for a round one and mounting it a little lower.. but thats just my taste... outstanding job!.

Psy

Thank you very much psycow....single side saddlebags are the future haha!. I have lowered the headlight today as it was a touch too high and I am thinking about a roundy roundy one....just thinking mind ;-) The rectangular headlight matches the rear light and indicators...there is a theme I think?

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #212 on: Oct 08, 2016, 18:10:33 »
you will find that is about the worst place you could put a bag ,there right in your way,unless it is just a sidecover painted like a bag you will always know its there anoyingly it even is a hazxard there and takes away control of the bike
what the hell is good about it ?the location?
it even looks ridiculous having them in your way
the normal location for the saddlebags/luggage bags is a great solution for such rertardedness of mounting them smack dab in your way
you know what it looks like ? like some queer interior decorator who knows zip even how to shift gears, dressed up a motorcycle
not that i have anything against anybody but it looks that fucked up and is
if you tucked them in flush so you wouldn't constantly feel them right IN THE WAY where your leg wants to ber and there was no buckles to catch a pant cuff or shoelace on, that would be different but having them bulked out right in your way is one of the stupidest deals i have seen yet
fcking snap out of it dudes,before you venture into public with the worst bag location ever concieved
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2016, 18:18:46 by xb33bsa »

Offline Psycrow

« Reply #213 on: Oct 08, 2016, 18:29:34 »
you will find that is about the worst place you could put a bag ,there right in your way,unless it is just a sidecover painted like a bag you will always know its there anoyingly it even is a hazxard there and takes away control of the bike
the normal location for the saddlebags/luggage bags is a great solution for such rertardedness of mounting them smack dab in your way
you know what it looks like ? like some queer interior decorator who knows zip even how to shift gears, dressed up a motorcycle
not that i have anything against anybody
if you tucked them in flush so you wouldn't constantly feel them right IN THE WAY where your leg wants to ber and there was no buckles to catch a pant cuff or shoelace on, that would be different but having them bulked out right in your way is one of the stupidest deals i have seen yet
fcking snap out of it dudes,before you venture into public with the worst bag location ever concieved
How on earth do you know they are in his way. Sitting with his legs bent they would tuck neatly behind his leg and if his legs are longer they would not even interfere when stopped. Obviously you are not a fan and you are entitled to your opinion however the language you used comes off as harsh and very unconstructively crittical. My mother alyways taught me if you don't have something nice to say dont say anything at all... you don't by chance post over on that "other" cafe racer board? If so please feel free to return there where such critical reviews of ones work seem to be the norm.

Psy

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2016, 18:31:34 by Psycrow »

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #214 on: Oct 08, 2016, 18:43:32 »
hey i love the bike its fantastic .the work he's done and the style
the bags are not the bike it is an idiotic location for bags
anybody who rides a standard ergo's bike knows there in the way

remember the emporers clothes somebody needs to stand up and point out the obvious ,thats all

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #215 on: Oct 09, 2016, 16:18:51 »
Funny you should say that Psycrow, the same guy at work also rolls up on this Enfield also.m

I liked the low and small headlight with the 21" front wheel.
Very clean bike with the reverse levers and internal cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #216 on: Oct 11, 2016, 13:48:33 »
MOT day.......it passed :D

I'm chuffed to be honest, proper result. I had to quickly lash up the original number plate over the top of the b/w one or else instant fail.

PS: Carried the documents to the MOT place in the satchel  ;) ....it doesn't get in the way at all, I don't know it's there when riding.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016, 13:50:32 by NoRiders »

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • If it runs ride it if it dont polish it & dream !
« Reply #217 on: Oct 11, 2016, 16:18:55 »
Excellent news mate didn't doubt it for a minute looks the part next to the Beetle too ,lets hope for some decent weather last few ride outs before winter
Life's too short to go slow at anything !  unless your re-building ya ride !!

cb350f '72 café racer 
 cb550f '78 Hailwood race rep

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #218 on: Oct 12, 2016, 15:05:17 »
Top news!

Too many toys at your house ;)
What's your daily?

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #219 on: Oct 12, 2016, 22:43:19 »
not that i have anything against anybody but it looks that fucked up and is

xb, you're being a bit vague here, I'm not sure if you kinda like the bags or think that they suck hairy balls covered in day old sweat, would you mind clarifying this?
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #220 on: Oct 12, 2016, 23:44:46 »
xb, you're being a bit vague here, I'm not sure if you kinda like the bags or think that they suck hairy balls covered in day old sweat, would you mind clarifying this?
I kinda had a feeling i might be wrong so i was making suire i would really,really, totally and in-=escapably,wrong

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #221 on: Oct 13, 2016, 03:18:05 »
Top news!

Too many toys at your house ;)
What's your daily?

Ha, cheers Alex....I'm very happy with the contents of my toy basket thank you.

My daily is the VW T4 panel van.....

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #222 on: Oct 13, 2016, 09:45:56 »
Good Job, turned out very nice.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #223 on: Oct 13, 2016, 14:52:23 »
Good Job, turned out very nice.

Thank you Maritime, I'm pleased with how it turned out as well. Rides nice, but I've yet to do any mileage on it yet...and yes, it's a bit squirelly on those tyres haha! I'm sure I'll get used to it and they might settle a touch when the pimples have worn off.

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #224 on: Oct 15, 2016, 05:45:49 »
I'm not sure if you kinda like the bags or think that they suck hairy balls covered in day old sweat, would you mind clarifying this?

Maybe only freshly washed balls ;)

I like the bag,
Would you find some more interesting superlatives if I call it a satchel?