CB360 - Clean and simple

redwillissuperman said:
What makes a CJ360 pickup special?
Larger pickup that does a much better job pulling oil while the bike is running on the side stand.

CJ left and CB right...

CIMG4090_zpsde436093.jpg

irk miller said:
I've seen only two show up in the last year.

^^ That makes me much feel better.

Also cleaned up the top half of the case today:
NMHiWjL.jpg

yBxAHlR.jpg

Couple of questions though:
Should I worry about getting this old sealer off?
itingir.jpg

And what is the function of this and is it worth trying to change that o-ring?
kn8BYRO.jpg

BSgjU2H.jpg

Thats the switch for the neutral dummy light on your gauge cluster. They can weep oil sometimes, so it may be worth changing the o-ring. Chances are its fine, though. You can pop them out with the engine together and replace the seal too, I believe.

Reworking the steering stop for the new forks:

It's obviously way too big...
wF1PJUL.jpg

New material:
7Ebnm3V.jpg

Some heat:
VKvULJw.jpg

Nice bend:
hw0pVYa.jpg

Cutting off the old steering stop, that extra tab, and the vin plate to prep for blasting and painting:
UScXFmt.jpg

mktYi5U.jpg

vSDIN2i.jpg

Fitting the new stop and tacking it on:
HEdBXoM.jpg

A7BY6Bp.jpg

And it works perfectly:
CWQNEpz.jpg

pKd3wTL.jpg

GqN0OyK.jpg

mKoKQ2F.jpg

I'm also asking myself if I will want or need these in the future....

ywVClN6.jpg

I'm planning on doing shorty exhaust so I wouldn't need them for exhaust mounts and I don't think I will be adding rear sets at any point. The seat is too small for 2 people...

Hmm ???

Shorty exhaust isn't a great idea on 360. Rearsets are way more comfortable than stock footrests if your going with clip on bars, you may even end up with a 'six pack'

crazypj said:
Shorty exhaust isn't a great idea on 360. Rearsets are way more comfortable than stock footrests if your going with clip on bars, you may even end up with a 'six pack'

I figured you'd say something like that - I'm willing to give up a little performance for the styling though... unless it's going to run terrible and won't be worth riding :-\

Switched gears a bit today and got some work done on the swing arm while I'm waiting for some other parts to show up. Mild prepping for media blasting, paint, and new parts.

First, took it all apart:
4uGGlTC.jpg

1YZPIdq.jpg

avCqb1H.jpg

YqYwk6Z.jpg

Second, pressed the old bushings and such out:
aflO1Ho.jpg

WudbaU7.jpg

I used a piece of random pipe I found and the nut from the bottom of a trailer hitch ball:
aLtHkoT.jpg

8jj2oKW.jpg

Got the center part of the front bushings off with the same things:
B3avf0T.jpg

To get the bushings themselves out, I cut two flat sides into a washer that was barely bigger than the hole in the bushing...
Q1oJLh2.jpg

This way I could get it into the inside of the tube...
fScv4Ny.jpg

Then when it turns flat, it won't fall out and offers a lot of contact on the inside edge of the bushing...
ZjssU5l.jpg

Then just threw it in the press and they popped right out:
rrFUkKU.jpg

kUJmujn.jpg

The shock bushings definitely need to be replaced, the front bushings... meh, they are in good shape without any play so I anticipate they have been replaced before and I hate to spend the money on new ones but they are still the plastic ones and I know I probably should replace them anyway at this point.

I decided I really don't like this:
Y39xYnv.jpg

It looks like it moves just enough to rub the paint off and rust - and I hate the idea of going through all the effort of cleaning it up and painting it, etc, etc only for it to end up rusty again.

Sooo I cut it off.
y0KMec5.jpg

Added a little heat to flatten it out:
3KfDFpg.jpg

k2xkibp.jpg

Some creative bending:
MZt86L7.jpg

Welding back on:
7qhPzZL.jpg

2Cs03iv.jpg

(those welds are so ugly :-[ )

And now it's wide enough to accept a proper heim joint rod end 8)

Back
Top Bottom