A-65 DeadTail Restart

Tune-A-Fish

BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
It's back on the rack 8)

Getting the trigger wired up and looking to replace the sump filter with an SRM unit next, need to mount the coils but still struggling with where.

SRMSF3.jpg

Attachments

• BSA Trigger1.jpg
    BSA Trigger1.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 493
  • BSA Trigger tie.jpg
    BSA Trigger tie.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 443
Nice. Bout time. Leave them dirtbikes alone till this is done ;) ha

Gonna try to stay focused, the dirtbikes may get parted out... seems parts are gold, but bikes are down.

Nice Tune, it was looking awesome in other pics you have posted and cant wait to see the finished product

Gash cut stacks :eek:

I need a chunk of gator skin for the middle of the tank detail... anyone holding a small chunk?

Attachments

• BSA Slash.jpg
    BSA Slash.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 411
that bike is going to need internal throttle and internal clutch lever
and put the speedo tach unit recessed into the tank so the handle bar area is clean

I plan to use as minimal as I can, but those parts are just way expensive so its getting MX throttle and clutch perch and levers all black with just a kill switch 5 inch headlight off a minibike with LED lamp no gauges no dash, just a mini tach in the headlight.

Tag and tail light location sucks, we need the plate to be half the size again smaller

For what it's worth... There's an old Honda. Something small. I can't remember the exact model, but they ran an internal throttle. You can pick the parts up cheap. Cannot for the life of me remember which model though.

Or XB could quickly turn out a set for you......its actually really simple

VonYinzer said:
For what it's worth... There's an old Honda. Something small. I can't remember the exact model, but they ran an internal throttle. You can pick the parts up cheap. Cannot for the life of me remember which model though.
Z50

Okay so the BSA 12v ignition uses 2 YUUGE 6v coils, I have a Wassel Vape e ignition and it says it will run with the 2 6v coils or 1 12v 2 wire coil ie cb750 coil the points setup is the same we all know that... I have used 2 5 ohm 12v coils in series or was it parallel?

Anyway i want to run a set of 12v 4.5 ohm coils totaling 5.2 oms when wired parallel or series, once i remember which I ran this on a flat tracker with a battery but no charging system just total loss way a while back. The question IS will the coils or ignition burn up if ran longer than a heat or say 25 miles with an alternator charging system and or can I prevent it with resistor caps or ballast resistor or condenser ???

I really just want small coils that tuck under the tank ::)

[EDIT]

So this with 2 12v coils No points just the EI for the iggy circuit should work yeah? how about a CAP big blue spring loaded tazer lol

Attachments

• BSA wire.JPG
    BSA wire.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 759
I need the machine man to turn my fins down to these:

Attachments

• BSA header fins.jpg
    BSA header fins.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 758
I would think that you would be better to run one double ended coil firing every revolution with a wasted spark. Assuming you don't have any plans to go to 180 or 90 or 270 or other crank configuration that is.

1 coil to hide in place of two. Won't that alternator work as 12V or is the stator the wrong type? I am sure that I ran my last T100 (57 variety) with 12v from an alternator but I don't recall how many wires it had. I ran a cap and zener diode regulator and simple rectifier IIRC and mine had a K2F magneto for sparks, so that was a minimalist lighting circuit. I never had any issues with mine that way.

teazer said:
I would think that you would be better to run one double ended coil firing every revolution with a wasted spark. Assuming you don't have any plans to go to 180 or 90 or 270 or other crank configuration that is.

1 coil to hide in place of two. Won't that alternator work as 12V or is the stator the wrong type? I am sure that I ran my last T100 (57 variety) with 12v from an alternator but I don't recall how many wires it had. I ran a cap and zener diode regulator and simple rectifier IIRC and mine had a K2F magneto for sparks, so that was a minimalist lighting circuit. I never had any issues with mine that way.

Its a 3 wire 12v PG charging system I'm just working the ignition for now, I have a set of RD coils with the studs that make for a neat package but I think its best to get the dyna and just make a bracket for that up under the rear of the tank... pushing water up hill when I could be done again!

Back
Top Bottom