Help, purple power destroyed my engine

rhodzy555

Hello, new to this forum and have been building my first bike, and 81 Honda CB750k. I am still new to this whole world of motorcycle building.

I made a big mistake, I used undiluted purple power cleaner on my engine (upper crankcase half, cylinder head, valve cover). I know, stupid... The Aluminum is now covered with a white powdery film. I did my research and people are saying it's aluminum oxide and caused by the degreaser corroding the aluminum. What I've learned is just to keep scrubbing away with soapy water. I have done this, on some parts two times now and the powder returns. Other people mentioned this powdery stuff as being highly abrasive, so having it on my engine internals has me wondering if I've ruined my engine. The only positive results I've gotten was removing some of the surface with a steel brush, in areas where it's safe to do so. The powder doesn't return on those surfaces. But to do that on all the surfaces would be a near impossible process.

My question is what would be the best/ cost effective way of fixing this problem? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my D6708 using DO THE TON mobile app

i would think vapour blasting might do the trick

https://www.restocycle.com/

You might want to check the pH reading of that cleaner (acidic or alkaline), and maybe you can neutralise it with the opposite of it to some degree.

doc_rot said:
i would think vapour blasting might do the trick

https://www.restocycle.com/

Thank you Doc. Yes, I can fix it. Send me an email with a few photos and we will see what we need to do. Nils@restocycle.com. Or just text them to my mobile: 978-697-5838

Don't panic, we got this :)

N.

NobleHops said:
Thank you Doc. Yes, I can fix it. Send me an email with a few photos and we will see what we need to do. Nils@restocycle.com. Or just text them to my mobile: 978-697-5838

Don't panic, we got this :)

N.
Thanks for the help, I've been busy over the last week but I'll try to get pics to you today.

Sent from my D6708 using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom