1975 CB550 cafe racer

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Also listing my CB550 (now 563cc). Lots of cool old school, rare, hi-po and NOS parts used in this build, as well as some one off, hand made stuff.
Asking $3950. Located near the NC/SC line, near Charlotte, NC.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/6029389228.html

From the CL ad:

Custom CB550 cafe racer. Lots of rare, vintage, Hi-Po and NOS parts went into this build. Custom Matte Pacific Blue paint. Hand made seat (metal, not fiberglass). The engine is now 563cc with Yoshimura 10.5:1 high compression pistons, CB650 cam, mildly ported and polished head, Pamco ignition, K&N air filter and rare, vintage Kerker exhaust. Runs great and sounds AWESOME.

Progressive suspension, Paolo Tarozzi rear sets and clip on bars. New controls, fully rebuilt brakes. Probably only about 650 miles on top-end engine rebuild. Custom brake light. Mini dash gauges. Battery mounted on swing arm. Custom electronics tray under the seat.
The forks are CB750 and allow me to run the clip on's on top of the triple tree and maintain stock 550 geometry. CB1100F rear shocks with Progressive springs. Progressive springs and NOS Honda seals in forks.Much more.

The Good:

*Yoshimura 10.5:1 pistons, ported head, CB650 cam, Pamco ignition.
* Rare Kerker 4-1 exhaust, circa 1975. Sounds like a MotoGP bike!
*Rare Henry Abe mag wheels, powder coated, new All Balls bearings
*All Balls steering stem bearings, new bronze swing arm bushings.
*Rebuilt forks, NOS Honda "thick lip" seals, oil, Progressive springs.
*CB1100F shocks, 3 way adjustable reservoir type shocks, Progressive springs.
*Paolo Tarozzi rear sets and clip on's. No cheap stuff here. Custom brackets for rear sets.
*Custom LED tail light, H4 headlight.
*Clean tank, NOS petcock ($100), gas cap seal, Honda 5.5mm fuel line.
*Rebuilt carbs, NOS needles/emulsion tubes (~$200), 105 mains, K&N filter, vacuum synced.
*New tires.
*EBC pads and shoes, braided stainless brake line, new David Silver Spares master cylinder, new caliper piston and seal.
*Mini dash gauges, LED "idiot lights" for oil, neutral and high beam.
*Hand made metal seat, custom upholstery.
*Under seat electronics tray, new reg/rec unit, battery relocated to swing arm

The "Other":
-No turn signals. Wires are there. You'd have to add a flasher unit.
-The fairing was added later, so in the right light at just the right angle, the sheen on the finish is slightly off from the rest of the paint.
-Will occasionally leave a pencil eraser/dime size drop of oil from under the LH side cover.
-Not for really tall people. I built a bike that's a little cramped for my 6'1" frame, with the seat, rear sets, clip on's, etc.

Please consider the rarity of some of the parts and the cost of some of the new and NOS stuff before low balling me. I try to price my bikes fairly. Fast, fun, amazing sounding bike. Clean, clear SC title in my name. Sold as-is, where is. Serious buyers will include contact information.
There's a possibility of purchasing the bike with a different exhaust and/or with wire wheels (rough....just rollers, until you can lace up your own wheels. I have some hoops available).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172590054646?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Back
Top Bottom