1979 KZ750 Street Tracker - Pittsburgh, PA

bluebr65

So I started this project over 9 months ago, with a vision to finally build an aggressive on and offroad tracker, more focus to the on road part :) Over last winter much of it came together, I have some of the more notable changes listed below as well as the more subtle differences. The way things stand right now limits my time with kids/work/etc, but this is my third build so I'm driven to finish before mid July (Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Show). Let me know what you guys think, first time sharing on these forums!

Changes / Upgrades

1. Mikuni VM32 carburators
2. UNI Twin Stage 15deg angled air filters
3. Custom CNC machined intake manifold adaptors
4. 2001 YZ250 Single pull throttle assembly
5. 2003 SV650 Front brake master
6. 2004 R1 Rear brake master
7. Stainless brake lines front and back
8. Shinko 804s up front and in the back, new wheel bearings and dust seals installed
9. Renthal mx bars with crossbrace
10. Resurfaced discs front and back
11. Upgraded Sparckmoto regulator/rectifier
12. Starter clutch eliminated, time to break a leg
13. Battery tray and tail hood welded onto frame, passenger pegs eliminated and ground flush
14. Powdercoated wheels, frame, triples, bars, hubs, brackets, mounts, EVERYTHING.
15. Tank sealed with POR15 then prepped and repainted in 2009 Mercedes Benz SLR Crystal Laurite Silver, finished with a new oem gas cap and seal.
16. New petcock and fuel lines with an angled t-fitting
17. New Tracker style headlight with running lamp and stone guard with new 5 piece adjustable brackets
18. 2005 ZX6R (636) Clutch perch and lever + new oem clutch cable
19. Forks recently rebuild with new seals, wipers, and gators, and period correct adjustable steering stabilizer
20. 1969 Kawasaki G3 Speedo fitted to custom mounting brackets
21. All wiring redone and terminals cleaned up and replaced with bullet connectors/new sheathing
22. New Emgo classic rear shocks, not sure how long I will run them but they are cheap :)
23. 2003 SV650 footpegs, polished then mated to factory KZ brackets
24. New 530 O-Ring chain, front sprocket, and rear sprockets
25. New oil seals all around for the motor, new gaskets for sidecovers, valve cover, and oil pan, new coil and wire + caps, fresh points, new condensor and points plate installed
26. Fresh oil filter and o-rings installed
27. Stainless Allen bolt kit for all engine covers and any other hardware on the bike
28. Custom made twin highmount straight pipes (may install baffles from and old arrow exhaust that fit perfect). These pipes are currently ceramic coated but will be wrapped up with some nice DEI wrap once the motor is ready to properly heat cycle to shrink the wrap. (post-tuning)
29. Oury brown grips for that soft touch.
30. Loads of other stuff I'm forgetting, so many late nights in the garage....there is almost nothing left untouched except the bottom end of the motor.

As she stands right now (5/31/17) Waiting on extended throttle cables, oil breather, seat foam, and new slim battery. Rear master cyl needs linkage fabbed.
10gO0zM.jpg

From the back:
RaRzMkY.jpg

Other side:
9fCoykX.jpg

Front shot:
9tmUojg.jpg

For all of the remaining pics from the build and my other builds (1973 GT250 + 1974 XL175 + 1973 CB350) go here because it takes way too long to post up hundreds of pics one by one into this post:

https://colaturka65.imgur.com/

Thanks guys, hope you like it! Come see me and the kawi at the 2017 Pittsburgh Vintage GP July 15th-16th!

Great job,
Nice to see another one done. The great thing is that they are all unique builds.

I'll be visiting your link.

Back
Top Bottom