1975 CB360 starter safety relay?

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I swear I'm not crazy...
Re-installing the battery box, which was out when I got the bike. I unplugged the wires to snake them around the box and somehow ended up with two Y/R wires. I SWEAR I unplugged those from each other. I can't find any type of jumper that I may have dropped. And then there's the Gr/R wire, which should be the neutral wire. Where the heck do these wires go!?
I only have a Clymers manual. It shows nothing. It seems to me that maybe I'm missing some sort of starter safety relay, but Google is failing me right now. What am I missing?

I

Green/red wire and yellow/red wire both connect to the leads that run to the front of the bike- your starter button on the right hand control and the clutch switch in the bucket.

That's what I'm saying...there's nothing on the main harness for them to connect to. The yellow/red is male on the starter solenoid AND on the main harness. There is no green/red coming off the main harness that I can find.

The regulator is there and plugged in properly. Only three wires (green, yellow and black) and they are all plugged in.
The rectifier is missing, but I have one on the way and it just plugs into a 4-prong plug. Even looking at pics of OG used rectifiers, there are no other wires coming off it, other than the 4-prong plug.

There is a male Yellow/Red wire on the solenoid and a male Yellow/Red coming from the main harness. There is a female Green/Red on the solenoid. There is NOT another Green/Red wire anywhere in the vicinity of the solenoid.
Those are the only stray wires on the solenoid. Everything else is connected (main power, wire to starter, etc.). It looks like I'm missing some sort of safety relay but I can't find one listed anywhere.

Look for the clutch safety switch. I thought they were in the bucket, but maybe they were on the battery box. I've only had 74s and early 75s which didn't have one, so I'm less familiar. I know Honda added them, but I'm not sure where they put it. You need a 76 schematic.

The bike is a '75, but I think it's one of those cross over bikes. There seems to be some '75 and '76 stuff on it.
There is a black (power) multi connector in that area. There is a clutch safety switch but it's up front in the headlight.

Think I got it. Looks like it's the wrong solenoid. Here's a stock one. I can make a jumper for the Y/R wires and connect the Gr/R to power.

Nice. Pretty sure that starter button is a Normally Open switch, so that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom