Hi, I'm ChopperCharles, Admin & former owner of CX500Forum.com & TW200Forum.com

ChopperCharles

Looking for a good community to share my custom builds and get feedback and advice. Wondering if this is the place. I generally post on CX500Forum.com about my CX builds, but I have other builds I'm working on, and I haven't found a receptive place. CafeRacer.net is locked into a specific type of build, and anything that wavers in the slightest gets shot down a little antagonistically. ADVRider is somewhat receptive, but not aimed at street builds. CustomFighters is distant and only really aimed at modern sport bikes. So... can I get my weird (not-quite-in-any-category) builds on here?

I've been on a Scrambler kick for a little while now, and I'm working on this right now... it's kind of a street fighter/scrambler cross, with a bit of survivalist flare.

Charles.

Attachments

• IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
yep, there is a bunch of weird stuff being built here. You'll be fine, even if some of the caferacer.net guys do stop by and spread a little of their.. ehhhemmm... uniqueness around here once in a while lol

And here are a few other builds from the past.

Charles.

Attachments

• cx_chopper.jpg
    cx_chopper.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 233
  • DS2_0791.JPG
    DS2_0791.JPG
    505.4 KB · Views: 236
  • ex_right.jpg
    ex_right.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 243
  • v65_camping.jpg
    v65_camping.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 233
  • tw200.jpg
    tw200.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 666
Welcome from Montreal Charles - some great looking rides there brother

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I see your screen name, but no choppers. You should fix that ;)

Welcome DTT! We love the weird stuff. Weirder the better.

Go away, you don't belong here!

Just kidding, welcome. This is the best forum for anyone and any kind of build. Lots of experience and friendly advice with constructive criticism.

You have built a number of bikes so I expect that you will be giving advice.

Which of your bikes is your favourite builds?

What is you next build going to be?

Brian

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Go away, you don't belong here!

Heh, there's always one, isn't there? :D

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Just kidding, welcome. This is the best forum for anyone and any kind of build. Lots of experience and friendly advice with constructive criticism.

You have built a number of bikes so I expect that you will be giving advice.

I will if I can!

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Which of your bikes is your favourite builds?

Well, right now my favorite build is my 650 Street Scrambler, which started life as a 1979 CX500. But I also really like my chopper build. It was my first build, and I learned a LOT about design and welding and so many other little things. That's the bike that gave me the "ChopperCharles" monkier, and it's very dear to my heart. I wish I had never sold it :/

CrabsAndCylinders said:
What is you next build going to be?

After the EX500 project is finished (which is not far away at this point), my next project will be a mild cafe of a CX500. I've already got a rolling chassis for that build. Motor has been triple-bypassed and is in the frame, a NOS set of carbs is already installed, and I even have a spoked front rim for the bike. (I have a moto-synthesis hub for the rear, but I haven't laced up a rim yet). I think I'm going to hack it. A Cozy sidecar rig (for a motorcycle, not a scooter) is about $2500 shipped to my door... so I'm thinking about it pretty strongly.

After that, my V65 needs a new head gasket, and I might as well undercut the transmission while I've got the engine out. So, it'll be a big project.

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom