cb550 seat trim

bergers

I'm starting to put the finishing touches on my bike now that its running. The biggest eye sore on the bike right now is the chrome trim on the seat. I thought I would be able to buy door edge trim and put it over or replace it, but there's no way since since the chrome trim seems to be molded into the seat cover, and the door edge stuff won't fit over. I really love the seat cover since it's original and has no rips, but I have to figure out a way to redo this trim. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170917_214754.jpg
    20170917_214754.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 293
Masking tape to protect the seat vinyl, Scotch-Brite to clean up the corrosion, sand with progressively lighter sandpaper and then polish. Tedious, but possible.

Cookie said:
Masking tape to protect the seat vinyl, Scotch-Brite to clean up the corrosion, sand with progressively lighter sandpaper and then polish. Tedious, but possible.
I would, but unfortunately it's plastic

I'm interested to see if someone else chimes in. I've used the door trim with repop seat covers that don't have that trim piece. But I wonder if you couldn't sand down that plastic a little and paint it and clear coat it to approximate the original?

Try Sirius Consolidated.

http://m.siriusconinc.com/products-detail.php?product_id=2726

The problem here is that the original seat cover came with the trim band as part of the seat cover, not separate, and the OP doesn't want to separate the trim band from his original cover. The trim fits perfectly onto the lip of the seat.

Back
Top Bottom