CHEAP EBAY LED STRIPS -REVIEW-

THE_SHRUB

Potted plants rojoice!
K so I've decided to give these a shot. I figured if I place them behind a metal plate mounted onto the back of my seat cowl and drill holes so that only the little nubs show it will have a pretty neat effect. I've got a video up on my website http://cb360cafe.blogspot.com showing their performance in the dark (running off of a 9 volt battery). I bought a 24cm red light strip, x2 12cm amber and x2 6cm amber.

Here is a pic of the specific product I am reviewing.

DSCF1508.jpg

It may be a while until I get these on the bike as the build is still in its early stages but I will be sure to update when that day comes! (I'll also mention whether or not it passes safety or not!!)

they are ok, put off decent light, but the target range of the LED is a bit wack... great for wheels though, the wires come in and are loose... i deal with LED's every day, so i order every new kind i can find to try them... used those on the back wheel of my brothers chop cause they are clear and where easier to blend into the frame rails and took well to paint... to overcome the spray effect of the lights and get more of a focus we taped the ends of the LEDS and painted the whole pod to match the frame... makes them VANISH! neat trick.

JRK5892 said:
.. to overcome the spray effect of the lights and get more of a focus we taped the ends of the LEDS and painted the whole pod to match the frame... makes them VANISH! neat trick.

That I would like to see pictures of. I want to use LED strips on the Phat Trakka but I'm not wild about a row of nubs. Anyway to make them less obtrusive has to be good.

Teazer

Back
Top Bottom