Your pretty face is going to hell rd framed t500

bradj

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
The other day a r5 got traded in at the local yamaha shop the owner of the shop called me and i went and bought it. the mileage is low real low if correct its a crime to think about doing anything but a resto. haha with 343 miles on the clock and a motor that kicks over like a new bike who knows...who cares im gonna build a rider becouse my rd is gonna be a little high strung to use on longer trips.

Attachments

• 2013-02-22 13.32.18.jpg
    2013-02-22 13.32.18.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 3,050
Re: your pretty face is going to hell r5 build

"A little high strung" - a good way to describe it.

Congratulations on the new addition to the stable!

Crazy

Thanks guys Ive had this idea for a while. i was gonna build a titan in this manor but then this showed up and there are more 350 parts in our war chest than there are titan parts in the country soo the 500 will sit until i get a hair up my ass to build a what ever or win the lotto

Nice!! This board is slowly turning from the fancy CB owners club to the RD and R5 smoke'em if you got'em fuck'em up P-I-M-P club!! 8)

Slowly!!

I'm in.

to do list is simple lace a rear rd hoop to a t500 front drum find the cleanest chrome i can reseal the motor clean and rejet the carbs for dgs (mabie),a low cut seat, and super bike bars or clubmans. Hopefully a low mile speedo will bring enuff on ebay to get me the parts i dont have. Special thanks to all the pa guys who have helped you know who you are

Let me know what parts you will be getting rid of. I have a 1970 R5 serial #000012 that I will be restoring some day down the road. I'm actually hoping to come across a pretty cherry 1970 purple and white to use as parts, but may be interested in some of your parts.

Kinda a backburner project maybe when my kids get older as restorations aren't really my thing. Love a nicely done restoration, but for me it feels like putting money and time into a Pinto when I have a Ferrari parked next to it

I gotta a 343 mile speedo wink wink

bradj said:

Is this a joke or is that something that people will really put cash down on?

Nice score, Brad.

time will tell

Attachments

• 2013-02-24 06.05.25.jpg
    2013-02-24 06.05.25.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 2,544

So i decided to ditch the r5 front drum and 160/18 rim for a t500 drum and a 185/18 rim (thanks rich)

Attachments

• 2013-02-24 06.04.00.jpg
    2013-02-24 06.04.00.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 2,568

bradj said:

The photo say 342. Must be broken. Fuckin junk!! I'll give you $10 seeing as I'll have to fix it now! ;)
Mines still there and reads around the 1000 mark.

Black paint, mild chambers, superbike bars, some not so ridiculous lighting out back. Done. Oh, look in that Rubbermaid container I gave ya. There's a brand new K&N stock replacement air filter for ya.

Nice score!!!

(asshole)

:D :D :D :D

I'm in ....

Thanks ill try not to put ypu guys to sleep. Hand to god were talking a is a very very simple redo i love the below bike. withdifferent the bars and a full rear fender so im shootin for this

Attachments

• DS71.jpg
    DS71.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 344
  • DS72.jpg
    DS72.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 340
Back
Top Bottom