1976 Kawasaki KZ400 Hardtail Project

Toreadorranger

Picked up a 1976 KZ400-S2 for $100.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Replaced the Coil, Points, plugs and condenser. Nice big fat blue spark. The carbs on the other hand are a mess. So the bike is getting converted to a single carb.

98 CR125 36mm Keihin

DSC_0100.jpg

Started tearing into the bike. Removed most of the stuff I wont be keeping. Blinkers, aux pegs, front fender, tank. ect.

DSC_0102.jpg

No turning back now.

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

My copper Dual carb to single carb manifold.

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

Welded some gussets on the lower bars and notched my crossbars, Im going to wait till my seat comes in before I weld those in.

DSC_0132.jpg

Man, you don't mess around! Where on earth did you score such a killer tank?

I'm curious to know how well the 1-2 intake works out for you....

Big R said:
Man, you don't mess around! Where on earth did you score such a killer tank?

I'm curious to know how well the 1-2 intake works out for you....

Tank I found on ebay. It was triple the price of the bike though, but once I saw it I knew I needed it. Its only money right?

Oh and the tank is a Late 60's Early 70's Chrome Hodaka tank for anyone wondering.

I dropped my wheels and tires off today to get mounted. Local shop will do both for $15 each so it saves me the trouble.

A company I used to work for in VT, Lebanon Screw Products (lsp-vt.com) makes some nice stuff for circle track guys so I called them up and had them send me a billet anodized killswitch they make. Not that I hope to test it but they havent had a single switch fail yet even after a crash.

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Back
Top Bottom