finaly ridable

pyro139

1981 cb650c
honda back together and tuned will be testing in morning only thing that can be bad on tests already done is chargeing system lets hope it's good. here some pice of bike at this point. still small details to fix including wires running over clubmans instead of under.

false alarm need wait for the valve rebuild kit afterall, works with out vavle but petrcocke is to high flow so floatbowls flooding even with engine running.

pyro139 said:
false alarm need wait for the valve rebuild kit afterall, works with out vavle but petrcocke is to high flow so floatbowls flooding even with engine running.

Your carb's shouldn't be flooding regardless of flowrate... have you replaced the floats or checked for smooth operation? After a contamination incident with my tank a small bit of debris managed to stick the floats from pivoting and I was pissing gas all over the place.

CanadaDan said:
Your carb's shouldn't be flooding regardless of flowrate... have you replaced the floats or checked for smooth operation? After a contamination incident with my tank a small bit of debris managed to stick the floats from pivoting and I was pissing gas all over the place.
im running with out a shut off valve ;D

pyro139 said:
im running with out a shut off valve ;D

Doesn't matter... the floats rise and cut off fuel to the bowl... I've left my petcocks open more than few times when parked for hours and no overflow... the bowls shouldn't be overflowing even with a garden hose size fuel line coming from a valveless tank.

CanadaDan said:
Doesn't matter... the floats rise and cut off fuel to the bowl... I've left my petcocks open more than few times when parked for hours and no overflow... the bowls shouldn't be overflowing even with a garden hose size fuel line coming from a valveless tank.
floats actualy cut the air jets, as air passes thru the gets it cause a vacuum preasure that opens the diaphram on the fuel cut off valve, (i have vacuum carbs not mechanical slide) i removed the valve till can rebuild it since its external on my carbs so even tho jet float needle is closeing jet there is no valve to close.

pyro139 said:
floats actualy cut the air jets, as air passes thru the gets it cause a vacuum preasure that opens the diaphram on the fuel cut off valve, (i have vacuum carbs not mechanical slide) i removed the valve till can rebuild it since its external on my carbs so even tho jet float needle is closeing jet there is no valve to close.

I stand corrected and appologise for my assumption :) Too early in the morning... forgot about vacume drawn valves.

CanadaDan said:
I stand corrected and appologise for my assumption :) Too early in the morning... forgot about vacume drawn valves.
ya you mechanical slide people have valve righty on carb body so when float raises valve closes.

sorry dan i should have stated from get go that i have cv vacuum carbs and that my shut off valves are external.
keep forgetting most old bikes have mechanical slide's.

well whatever the problem is... Get to it!!.. chop chop man!!...

locOleoN said:
well whatever the problem is... Get to it!!.. chop chop man!!...
valve parts are ordered just pray in intime to get it fixed ride it up to cycle work bribe staff with beer and get new tire and wheel bearing on front intime for friday.

Pyro

I'm confused. Vacuum operated petcocks open when engine vacuum draws the diaphram back - but shouldn't the float valves still control flow to carbs? CV carbs should work with regular or a diaphram petcock. Help me fathom your set-up

zixxerboy said:
Pyro

I'm confused. Vacuum operated petcocks open when engine vacuum draws the diaphram back - but shouldn't the float valves still control flow to carbs? CV carbs should work with regular or a diaphram petcock. Help me fathom your set-up
the valve that is shot is not the petcock its the valve that the floats close that is shot.

Back
Top Bottom