"The Speed Heap" Trying to rap it up...!!

Re: "The Speed Heap" UPDATE #2....

Love it bro. It's sick kickin! Love the hole madness!

I like the chain guard the shape is good and the holes look godd to me they flow with the shape. the inner fender looks good too. Keep it up

Thanks guys for the responses.. I was just out there looking @ it over a beer, and I like it... I think it's gonna stay.

Diesel- Thanks for the offer on the chain guard. I still have a couple laying around though. I am going to mess w/ the pattern of the holes a little bit more. I think your right, so I'm going to carry a few of the small hole from the sprocket cover over to the chain guard. Maybe help tie things together....

I guess I don't mean hole "pattern" as much as size. change of size seems abrupt, but shit we're spliiting hairs at this point prolly. Not hating on you man, thing looks great!

Like the rear fender. Youve done this before? How well did it keep the road mess down? Im geussing it blocked mostly everything?

Cool idea. Just bolted into the swingarm. Better photos?

Curbcast said:
Like the rear fender. Youve done this before? How well did it keep the road mess down? Im geussing it blocked mostly everything?

Cool idea. Just bolted into the swingarm. Better photos?

Ya it works really well. I dont know if you have seen the cb175 I built. there is a thread on here somewhere? But, ya I just drilled a hole in the center of the swingarm, tacked a nut over it and bolted it on there (it kinda floats). I'll take some better picks of it. Gimmie a sec....

Great work on everything Louie. And it's good to have ya back on the forum - real creative stuff.

And if you go to Big Projects - Cafe Racers, there's a small honda cc collection in there with a link to your old 175

Thanks R.... It's great to be back!

Curb-
Here are some better pics of the inner fender mounting. It still needs cleaned up and polished, but you'll get the idea....

SDC11167.jpg

SDC11168.jpg

SDC11169.jpg

SDC11171.jpg

And what it looks like from the under side
SDC11172.jpg

Swapmeet Louie said:
Thanks guys for the responses.. I was just out there looking @ it over a beer, and I like it... I think it's gonna stay.

Diesel- Thanks for the offer on the chain guard. I still have a couple laying around though. I am going to mess w/ the pattern of the holes a little bit more. I think your right, so I'm going to carry a few of the small hole from the sprocket cover over to the chain guard. Maybe help tie things together....
Go with your beer feeling ;D it definately looks pretty tight, especially if the paint matches the sprocket cover.

metalmike13 said:
Go with your beer feeling ;D it definately looks pretty tight, especially if the paint matches the sprocket cover.

Hahaha... For sure!

It looks even better after a 6 pack

Lookin great Louie! Really cool stuff, and very creative. Now slow down, your making us look lazy!

You do work fast. and your man cage is cool as shit.

Bike is really coming along nicely. We've still got a few months left before it's riding weather up here so the pressure to get things done isn't so great

jay

Ive been thinking about doing a tire hugging fender very much like that.

Shouldent it cover more of the tire to stop alot of the crap from coming up?

Actually his seatpan on that bike could catch roadkill.....

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=7035.0

2nd pic down

Well... I guess I'll try and slow it down a bit....

These fenders really do work well. If your riding in the rain, they basically keep water from being thrown directly into the carbs. Other than that, everything is still gonna get wet. As it does on every bike.

I started to make a dash for it last night. I'm doing a 1/4" engine turned finish on it so it's taking forever

Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions...

the rear fender looks great. any vibration problems with it floating? cafepete uses his og fender just not sure how he mounted it (asked for photos). the both of the fenders look amazing. keep up the work the bike looks good the 175 is amazing. good to see you back.

chris73cb175 said:
the rear fender looks great. any vibration problems with it floating? cafepete uses his og fender just not sure how he mounted it (asked for photos). the both of the fenders look amazing. keep up the work the bike looks good the 175 is amazing. good to see you back.

No problems with vibration... I use really thick aluminum though. Like 3/16. You gotta beat the shit out of it to shape it (I use a 3lbs sledge). And then a little "locktite" and yer good.

Thanks for the compliments

Got a few things started this morning...

In the middle of making a dash/ tach mount.

And am toying w/ the idea of a pedestrian slicer.....?

SDC11181.jpg

SDC11177.jpg

SDC11176.jpg

Thats all for today. My buddy leaves for Afghanistan tomorrow, so we're gonna go tear up the town

That dash looks great! You should post a little tutorial on the finish process.

Shake your buddy's hand for me and say thanks. Big props to all the service folks. I was an Army Ranger back in the 80's but luckily I missed all the little skirmishes.

I really dont like those lights on bigger bikes. Look like a cyborg. There cool on peds or tiny bikes, but Ive yet to see one I liked on a bigger bike. That said as with Troys bobber, Ill wait and see what you come up with.

Thanks for the pics on the fender.

Back
Top Bottom