New guy

Roz

I stumbled across this site while looking for something else. I'm a big fan of street trackers and got totally sidetracked here.
I've built an XS650 tracker, but didn't like how heavy it was
ebedfc06.jpg

So I sold it and built my version of one from an '86 Honda XR600. Soo much lighter, just shy of 300#, although it's just
BARELY street legal. You can get away with quite a bit in South Dakota.
IMG_0214_edited.jpg

Anyway, I just wanted to say great site!
Roz

Roz said:
I stumbled across this site while looking for something else. I'm a big fan of street trackers and got totally sidetracked here.
I've built an XS650 tracker, but didn't like how heavy it was
So I sold it and built my version of one from an '86 Honda XR600. Soo much lighter, just shy of 300#, although it's just
BARELY street legal. You can get away with quite a bit in South Dakota.
Anyway, I just wanted to say great site!
Roz

Both look good, like you can actually take it to the track. Well, except for those 17s on the single, but still, it works for me. That's the stock XR frame isn't it? What about the wheels and suspension. Did you put a lowering spacer in the rear shock and what else.

klx678 said:
Both look good, like you can actually take it to the track. Well, except for those 17s on the single, but still, it works for me. That's the stock XR frame isn't it? What about the wheels and suspension. Did you put a lowering spacer in the rear shock and what else.
Thanks, I'm not wildly (or even close to) tall, so the XR was built to fit me, 17's and all. You should have seen me trying to kick start it when it was stock. The frame is stock, just cleaned up and peg mounts welded on higher up and back. I parted out a 92 ZX7, so the front end and rear shock are from that, and the rear wheel is from a 4.5 wide wheel from a 95 Katana.
Early on:
f18fa89a.jpg

And another pic:
IMG_0218.jpg

Oh Hell yeah!
That XR looks rad! So so nice, more streetable with the 17s and good brakes than dirt tires on 19s.
Plus...it fits you which is way more important that fitting some standardized form.
Sweet bike!

Looks good. I just got the parts for my ft500. Going to take it on the river soon and crank some wheelys on the ice!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom