Post a pic of your latest purchase

This would be my latest purchase... 2017 Yamaha SCR950. Got it last week, still has under 200 miles on it (blasted cold and rain). You see it here with the fender relocation already completed and new 12.25" shocks installed. They have to come back off until I can build an idler for the belt (basing it on the Buell Firebolt idler), but i'm already in for a bunch of modifications.

Yeah, it's not a cafe racer... but I'm big into scramblers. You can see my CX scrambler sitting behind it, in my eternally filthy garage.

Charles.

Attachments

• IMG_3277.JPG
    IMG_3277.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 182
The first part for my nieces 2018 Xmas gift. She's too little for it now, but will be 4 next year and should be able to handle it. Every time she's at the house she insists on wearing my helmet and sitting on the "motorbikels" so I figured she might as well have her own.

Attachments

• 20171207_185619.jpg
    20171207_185619.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 182
Maritime said:
is a trip to harbor freight in the future for a motor?

Motor is already taken care of thanks to Levi. Need to run out to his place after the holidays and snag it. Still need to pick up everything else, but parts are cheap and I have a year to do it.

VonYinzer said:
Motor is already taken care of thanks to Levi. Need to run out to his place after the holidays and snag it. Still need to pick up everything else, but parts are cheap and I have a year to do it.

Nice, you're getting the old rupp lump from his upgrade to the predator? That's probably a good thing for a first bike LOL

Maritime said:
Nice, you're getting the old rupp lump from his upgrade to the predator? That's probably a good thing for a first bike LOL
He's getting the sketchy micro mini bike motor, and that's probably getting another predator. Living with bones intact is overrated

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurco550 said:
He's getting the sketchy micro mini bike motor, and that's probably getting another predator. Living with bones intact is overrated

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ha, I'm living proof of that.

Managed to get the last packet in Melbourne - all product has now been diverted to the Middle East. ;D

Attachments

• Trumph.jpg
    Trumph.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 318
You might be able to get some in Mexico.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/31/donald-trump-mexico-toilet-paper-antonio-battaglia

Importing that into the US from Mexico does add a certain poignancy to that product.

But for those among us that would not pi$$ on him if he were on fire that creates a dilemma - to use or not to use, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of a complete moron, Or to take his image and ....... with apologies to Will S.

teazer said:
But what do you do with it?

This one will capture video from two wifi video cameras I'm setting up. The Raspberry Pi will be a gateway for accessing the video via smartphone. It'll be running Debian Linux, I'll setup a gateway and VPN service to see the cameras. I don't need them participating in the Mirai botnet so secured access is necessary. Me and two buddies rented a 4000 sqft workshop so this will be part of the security system to watch our stuff.

Ha way cooler than the way we use ours to stream movies and tv shows free from the interwebs, and play video games on the old school atari nes etc emulators

Maritime said:
Ha way cooler than the way we use ours to stream movies and tv shows free from the interwebs, and play video games on the old school atari nes etc emulators

Well, that's kinda cool too.

Back
Top Bottom