1970 cb350 "wtf is that" Build.

nemocb

Stupid Honda, I dont need that.
Here is the start of my build. I can NOT sped more than $500 TOTAL! I the bike for $150 so that leaves $350 to get the bike ready to ride. Please give all comments good, bad, ideas you have, ANYTHING. Well lets start with pictures, ill try to keep them in some kind of order.

Day i got the bike.
mybike.jpg

Honda logo holes filled in.
tanknologos.jpg

The most random "paint" job.
tanktop.jpg

tankright.jpg

tankleft.jpg

Picture outside of my shop, i was going to run mix mached exhaust but im just gonna use the cl pipes
bikenshop.jpg

(anybody got some header wrap? i only need like 4ft or so of 2in wide black?)
needmorewrap.jpg

drilledtip.jpg

ok thats it for now i gotta go take more pix of the bike so i can postem soon.

can you only spend $500 cause that's what you can afford, or some other reason? i'm interested.. sounds more like a $500 build off or something!

also, love that tank! what'd you paint it with?

I dont know why $500 really just wanna stay cheap, I had a Buell that I had thousands and thousands of dollars in, just dont want to spend that kind of money agian. The tank is just a white base spray paint from auto zone, then the black was done with paint markers from a craft store. we were gonna use sharpies but when i get it cleared sharpies turn yellow and can run. (so i was told by my painter)

oh and if you look at the tank pix you can see the clubman bars, i cut almost an inch out of the center or them and they have the new clutch, brake and throttle....ps im not usein those grips, gona get some BMX grips or something random.

I'm diggin the tank as well - you should post a pic of that in the "member art" section.

About the header wrap - DCC sells it by the foot (link at the top of the page) instead of everywhere else that sells by 25' or 50' rolls.

ok ill post a pic of it as soon as its done, im hopein to have the tank cleared by the weekend.

Close up of wraped pipe and tip
wrapedtip.jpg

What i think its gonna look like. Modded sub frame, bottom part wont bend so drasticly kinda hard to get it just right with tape haha. If i do the spider webs its just gona be some small round bar.
whatitsgonnakindalooklike.jpg

I was gonna do some rear sets using the passenger pag mounts but I think that my feet (toes) will be way to close to the ground when i turn due to the bike is gonna be wwaaaayyyyy low. I already did 4in over swing arm and with the frame mod its gonna be slamed. this pic is me sitting on bike with the bike on a jack sitting about where i want it.
meonbike.jpg

good luck man... no way your gonna be able to lean that thing with it that low.

bad ass so far!

LOVE the tank! great drawings; i had my friend (who is a huge stoner, but an excellent artist) draw some shit up for me... similar style to you. if i ever get a modern bike it will be entirely like that tank, and ill get a helmet to match. :D

Very cool concept. If you do the web please do a paint job that looks like it fades from the intersections of the lines like an old 40's tattoo!

Something that gives this vibe.
Tat_c_10-500.JPG

Paint it a lighter shade than the rest of the frame and shade the corners. I think it would be the shit withthat tank.

yeah my brother painted the tank he had "some help" with comein up with ideas, its still gotta litle more work to be done on it befor getting clear.

CrescentSon, im not really sure what your walking about, maybe some pix?

man i LOVE that paint! very trick... like your spider web idea as well plus wiht all the bracing will be strong as piss!

ooo i like that, crescent! yeah, do that one!

Just let me muddy the waters here....

I think you SHOULD run those mix&match pipes! Not many done that way mate!

Swagger said:
Just let me muddy the waters here....

I think you SHOULD run those mix&match pipes! Not many done that way mate!

+1! I actually dig the way that looks man!

Back
Top Bottom