Triangle DTTs Monthly Meetup (Raleigh) 4th Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m.

cafetbird

Bound for the Playground....
Meet 4th Wednesdays at various locations around Raleigh, Durham, and the Triangle... 6:00 p.m. Next months location is open for discussion - make some suggestions!

Re: Triangle DTTs (Raleigh)

Cool, we have our own little nook in here. Thanks for taking the iniciative Scot.

Re: Triangle DTTs Monthly Meetings (Raleigh)

OK, so are we thinking about a new locale for the meeting? I know that the current one works best for you, Eddie - making the Franklinton haul. We might pull more folks from down south if we make it more central.

That's fine with me since I work in Durham and can make the drive to the new locale after work anyhow.

Would Raleigh be more central? Let me know.

Chime in Guys.

xulf13 said:
Would Raleigh be more central? Let me know.

Chime in Guys.

Kick ass location is the key. I think Raleigh central might help draw in some sandlappers,

Also -
1. Good parking, and easy to get to without risking too many limbs in the process.
2. Preferably close to the major arteries, and good roads for a jukebox run as needed!
3. Minimal LEO interaction, or ones that are cool to the cause.

Any locations come to mins

I think something on HW401 south would work pretty well. Grill 57 is a pretty central location and parking is abundant. Easy to find and 440/40 is very close. Kick Back Jacks next door serves alcohol and would work as well. Another good spot would be north hills at the fox and the hound or any other food place in that outdoor pavilion.

Down town is great but parking is difficult. Nappers would work and the Hibernian as well. Other than that parking is going to be tough.

Hey guys.
Currently NOT a cafe racer rider (Ducati Monster), but I've been looking at picking up a cheap, easy project bike for a while (CB400/550?), so if it's alright with you kids, I'm going to lurk around for a while, see where you'll be, and try to swing by for some inspiration/advice.
I've always been a huge ton up fan, and I've loved cafe racers since I was a kid and had no clue what I was actually looking at. I'm really into the style & history, and if I can't build my own on a featherbed, I'd at least like to get an old Honda or something up and running.
Looking forward to it.
Dave

Wow, all those places look good and sound good. We should try them all eventually. I really like the Hibernians idea. and the Kickback jacks. Naper Tandy's definetly has good parking and it's still in down town, but there is all that traffic to deal with. I really don't mind what place we pick. any of those places is 20 from my job and 45 -50 min from my house.

@Dave, hey man, don't worry about what kind of bike you have. We are definetly not going to play the exclusive card. Come on down, I'm sure you'll end up getting a Cafe suitable with time anyhow. Just come and meet Eric and i'm sure he could find you a good deal.

The ball is starting to roll so get on it.

I am kind of out of pocket here - chasing the kids around Disney! Dave - I saw some very nice cafe-style Monsters at the IMS shows a couple of years ago - something to think about!

As for location - trying them all is not a bad idea! I say keep our current place and time while we figure it all out. I like the Napper Tandys idea. Macs in Charlotte is fairly downtown, but people figure out how to get into on the major arterial routes, so let's check it out. Good parking is key!

I'm really likingthe Naper tamdy's Idea as well. it was one of the first spots i wanted to go to on a ride Joe, Dean owens and myself and a friend planned on going to on our first ride. But we can definetly search for a place to call home. Say we meet at Naper Tandy's next meet if ok with you guys, and we can go from there. What do you guys think?
IMG_1267.jpg

xulf13 said:
I'm really likingthe Naper tamdy's Idea as well. it was one of the first spots i wanted to go to on a ride Joe, Dean owens and myself and a friend planned on going to on our first ride. But we can definetly search for a place to call home. Say we meet at Naper Tandy's next meet if ok with you guys, and we can go from there. What do you guys think?

I am good with that. How is the parking situation down there?

1866350.jpg

Looks like the parking area on the other side of the building is pretty good!

YEAH, There is plenty of parking on the side of the building.

OK, so we had had some Facebook chat, and we are down now for 4th Wednesdays at Napper Tandys for now. November and December of this year though, we'll do it on 4th Tuesdays, to avoid the holiday crunch.

cafetbird said:
OK, so we had had some Facebook chat, and we are down now for 4th Wednesdays at Napper Tandys for now. November and December of this year though, we'll do it on 4th Wednesdays, to avoid the holiday crunch.

Ahem, I think you meant Tuesdays.
Sorry guys, Scot is very exited so he is typing to fast. LOL

xulf13 said:
Ahem, I think you meant Tuesdays.
Sorry guys, Scot is very exited so he is typing to fast. LOL

Duly noted and corrected. Thanks for watching my back! ;D

Plotting the best course in is the trick. But cafe racers are meant for the urban jungle!

see you guys at napper tandys tonight, considering its literally a stones throw from my house. i am pumped, especially since i couldnt make the last meet up.

hey Ryan,
We are on facebook now as well.
Just search for Do the Ton Triangle

See you tonight.

Great meeting last night, and good to meet the rest of the crew! 12 folks was a killer turn out for a damp fall night.

So, wouldn't it be cool to have some tech time with the newer riders to help get some of those projects going...

cafetbird said:
Great meeting last night, and good to meet the rest of the crew! 12 folks was a killer turn out for a damp fall night.

So, wouldn't it be cool to have some tech time with the newer riders to help get some of those projects going...

Yep Awsome time. You forgot to count your self Scot ;) I counted 13 of us. Nice to see some scoots out last night.
here are some not so great shots. Camera photos are great so long they are taken during day light hours.
In this photo:
Ryan, Aaron, Jacob, and two others, ( I forget their names)

IMG-20101123-00080.jpg

In this photo:

Rossi, Aaron, Neil, Johan, Myself, and of course the the one and only, Scot.
IMG-20101123-00081.jpg

In this photo:

Eric, and Scott with 2 T's in the back ground and Rossi and Aaron on the foreground

IMG-20101123-00083.jpg

Back
Top Bottom