Hello from a new member...

Ethanol

Coast to Coast
Hello,

I've been posting on the international cafe racer bbs for a while and just found out about this place. I started out doing vespas and now I've done two motorcyles and am currently working on a third (78 Yamaha XS 750).

I'll have some pics of that real soon (almost done, I hope). Let me know what you think.

1972 Yamaha r5 350 2-stroke

11633685pn5.jpg

80660119es9.jpg

63707295ut1.jpg

75385015nu3.jpg

33892320ub2.jpg

Welcome to the boards!

Nice bike. The work you've done is fantastic.

The only comment I'll make is to your upholstery. The rest of the bike is stunning. An extra $100 to get it done well might be worth it.

Thanks!

Yeah, upholstery is a bitch. No matter how many times I try it is still so hard. I put a new layer of 1/2 inch foam underneath and it smoothed it out a lot. I sold the bike (well traded it for the xs 750 I'm working on now) before I had a chance to get it done professionally.

Here's an 81 Yamaha Exciter I did this summer. More of a flat track racer.

picture1copywv3.jpg

moto1ar1.jpg

motto2gh4.jpg

Nice bike!

I (and a number of people on here) are working on XS650s. Post picks as you go along!

I built the seat on my BMW (seat pan, padding and cover). I promised to put together a tutorial of how I constructed my seat.

I'll put something up either tonight or tomorrow. It isn't difficult once you get a pro to walk you through it (which luckily enough I did).

locOleoN said:
Nice bikes!!..
Welcome to the forum.. Where are you from?

I'm in grad school in Albuquerque, New Mexico but probably moving to Brooklyn in a year or so to meet up with my brothers.

This forum seems great so far. Really active.

-ethan

Man I LOVE Albuquerque. I spent a few months in Window Rock AZ back in 1992. Roamed around a bit, spending time in Gallup, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Phoenix, Cuba, Sedona... pretty much all over the place. It was summer, so blazing hot for the most part.

My homebase was in Window Rock. Funny enough I never made it to the Grand Canyon, but did go to Canyon de Chelly, which I think is probably nicer.

Ethanol said:
I'm in grad school in Albuquerque, New Mexico

365 days of riding ... I'm soooooo jealous. That and some absolute killer tex mex. Great way to gas up and go ... in more ways then one.

Back
Top Bottom