PROJECT "SPEEDHoLE"-1974 HONDA CB450 HARDTAIL/RACER BUILD-LAST UPDATED 1/28/08

Re: PROJECT "SPEEDHoLE" - 1974 HONDA CB450 CAFE/RACER DEAL-E-O

nice.

I might plan the same idea (21" wheel for a Honda) but i'd like it with a nice big drum setup, rather then disk. I think the massive 4LS brakes look awesome, especially on a bobber.

locO leoN said:
Isn't it amazing what you can get if you simply ask in the right places or know the right people???...

Geezzz... There's a rumor buzzin around that someone on this board got a cb450 frame w/ papers, forks, wheels, seat, motor, carbs, electricals, OEM mufflers, headlight, tail light, fenders,etc..etc... pretty much an 80% complete bike but in parts for $200!!!... WOW... what a deal!!.. LOL!!!... ;D

SHUSHHHH... there goes my secret. :)

Got to say Noel, i'm so amped to get working on this one.

BHAAHHA... oh!!.. so the rumors are true!!.. ;D

Man... I smell a CB450 Cafe Racer BIKER Build-off!!!..
A ProTeal cb450 Special vs. A Druro cb450 Special... ;D

Then Race for pinks!!!.. LOL!!!... or least a date with ButterflyMETH!!.. LOL!!!...

locO leoN said:
BHAAHHA... oh!!.. so the rumors are true!!.. ;D

Then Race for pinks!!!.. LOL!!!... or least a date with ButterflyMETH!!.. LOL!!!...

Somehow i think i loose... ProTeal is certainly my superior.

But the race... i can do that, especially if there is a potential date (With Butterfly, not Pro :) )

locO leoN said:
I am in, whats the deadline ? ;D

I'm working on my "cafe inspired, low-slung, fill-in-the-blank" CB450 project too... We should make this a 3-way contest. But I'm with Druro... ProTeal has a head start on us cause this is his second 450... and even more so, his bike is a huge inspiration for me. I'm going to start my big arse project thread soon though.

-Woody

Hey.... no fair... both you guys HAVE you bikes already... i've just agreed to get Noel's spare bike. I don't even know what color it is (knowing Noel... flat black).

At least wait for me ;D

I am just ordering parts right now... I do have it completely apart. I have about 2-3 more weeks until my tank and tail show up and I will be able to start working on frame mods.

It's all good.

- Woody

Druro said:
Hey.... no fair... both you guys HAVE you bikes already... i've just agreed to get Noel's spare bike. I don't even know what color it is (knowing Noel... flat black).

At least wait for me ;D
I still have yet to take delivery of the actuall bike itself (no where to put it at the time being).
I am just slowly allocating some parts for the build in the meantime (the wheel was the biggest score thus far)..
And I thank you for all the praise and kind words.. ;D

ANYONE HAVE SOME CL450 HEADPIPES THEY WANNA SELL ME?

Re: PROJECT "SPEEDHoLE" - 1974 HONDA CB450 HARDTAIL/RACER DEAL-E-O

* * PROJECT UPDATE 1/28/08 * *

Got my sidecover back from Terry @ Team Hansen Honda today (I like having Terry less than a hour away ;D) --->
COVER.jpg
I had him install two bungs (along with some inside baffeling) so I can mount up a oil cooler on the new
project. Not that my last 450 ran hot, I just feel the addition of some nice AN lines and a slim/techy cooler will add to the "racer" look I want this bike to give off. I am going to try my hardest to have this bike just look fast while it is parked..I def. need to cleanup the welds alittle more (i told Terry to leave them alone)before I send the cover out for powdercoating, but that can wait till later. I am thinking I am going to have each side cover powdercoated black and leave the rest of the motor brushed, but thats still up in the air..

Other parts I still have to order are some clip-on's, smaller battery, and the hardtail rear section. I am going to pick up the bike this coming weekend, so once that is done I can start ripping parts off it to sell, and start trying to recoup some $$...

Back
Top Bottom