'72 Yamaha RT-360

Graduated last year beginning of the year. I took my time with the course but. Yeh lol bet you're jealous of everyone who's not studying there - they're getting to party now and will get the cash later too. Oh well. Choices lol.

Everything is so expensive here and I wouldn't even know here to go for parts. I tried Sydney motorcycles and a couple of those shops/dealers but they're so over priced - they were charging 3x the Internet rate for the pod filter. And shipping from frm the states just takes forever - contemplating doing an express post for all these carb parts once they get back to z1, the amount of parts kinda make it worthwhile...we're definitely in the same sucky boat lol.

Where are you getting the powder coating done? Tempted to do the paint and blasting myself. Works out to be about the same price as a decent air compressor.

At least you'll have the holidays to work on it - 3 month. Definitely envious.

I'll be overseas for most of the 3 months due to my internship so I actually don't have much time at all. I'm def screwed!
Getting powdercoating done at A1 powdercoats in botany. They quoted 200 for both blast and coat. That's really good. My mates already got a compressor so I'm lucky but by the time you buy all the attachments, paint, blast media and nozzles n shit, I'm definitely going with a pro job as I thought it would cost more. Have you found a decent sand blast nozzle? They all seem pretty half assed and cheap which is why I moved on from that idea. If you come across one please let me know.

That sounds awesome no? Where are you doing your internship?
200 sounds pretty good actually - a decent compressor seems to be more than that. I'm going back to HK at the end of year so hoping to pick up some cheap and reliable tools and bits then - I'm no where near finishes yet. If you know what you're after I could have a look for you when I'm there - I'll need specs and stuff as I don't know what makes them good or not.

If you're gonna think about getting it done, head in asap because they are closing for good, on the 1st of December. He said he turn around is a day or so.
Unfortunately I won't be making it on time as I leave in a few days. I still need to cut up some bits and weld, so I have to do all this once I'm back. Gonna give it a go myself if my friend gets a welder. Hope to find a place with a similar quote to A1 though. As 200 is awesome.

Thanks for the offer, I most certainly keep you posted if I need anything.

Here is the place I'll be placed.
http://www.emmanuelle.jp/01-top-eng.html

Have a sweet time overseas mate.

Lol Japan! You should be the one hauling all the OEM parts back then...have a blast, looks like it will be awesome.

Yeh I'm no where near ready powdercoating - still waiting for parts...struggling to find the right carb holder so we'll see what happens.

updates on RT-360

i've not touched anything for some time now due to my commitments with uni. 3 month break which is good but now i'm working full time to pay for the things i need and have little time to get stuff done. i'm shit at time management. need to lock myself in the warehouse and forget about the beach...

sent off the cylinder to get bored by craig at MMT motors. need 4th OS so i ordered one with a bunch of things from the states last week and i'm having my mate repost it to australia. very nice having a friend in the states to cut shipping costs!

got new piston/rings, oring chain, ignition coil, breakshoes, petcock and some yamabond on the way. this kind of completes most of the parts i needed for the meantime.
gonna leave electrical out since i think this will be my worst nightmare. honestly considering buying one of those MUnit's from motogadget to try and simplify the mess I'll be creating. has anyone got experience with it?? would like to get an opinion as it is very pricey.

no photos till i get everthing in but for now, plan is to get the seat going and clean up the wheels. going to go for black spokes+hub and leave the rim bare. or vis versa maybe. searching for tyres and i would like to get some of the continental tkc-80's but they go for over $500 for a set... fark that. does anyone know of anything similar with a more affordable price tag?

tkc80_uvpropertyoriginal.jpg

how's it running dude? not gonna lie, i'm shit scared of the kick back after trying to start it with flipflops on when i first got it hahaha.

The compression release makes it easy - you could just about do it with bare feet!

Don't know how I've missed this thread until now; my DT400 hasn't progressed as far as yours.

Crazy

cable had good tension and seemed to pull at the comp. release correctly, but it still kicked back. i looked at the valve and it was all rusted up though. it could either be that or my timing being off by a mile. it was taking me 40+kicks to get it started sometimes.

crazy, i hadn't seen updates from you like you said. what's holding you back? i'm waiting for my cylinder to come back soon.. think ill give engine a little clean up and replace all gaskets then blast/paint.

for now i'm running my funds to my new build which is a suzuki TC120 i picked up last week for a bargain. minimal budget and going to try and get it going asap so i can get to and from my warehouse with my RT in it.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44897.msg491103#msg491103

My 360 may take a few kicks to get it started but once it's warmed up it starts on the first kick. I usually push it through once slow and then push down to where you can feel a little bit of pressure, then I kick it from there. Seems to work pretty good.
http://youtu.be/vU14vhkx_Fk

The buyer called me a few days ago and said he'd been ripping around on it and loves it.

these things are beasts. i do the same to start but it still takes too many right legged squats to get it going. i'm sure the timing is off by a mile. need to get on it.

Crazy, that fairing on the ACE is wicked. I have a dremel which you can borrow if you need to do a quick job here and there so just dash me a PM anytime.

finally got my cylinder back. craig from MMT did a good job for a good rate and courier back only cost 11 bucks.
IMG_2392_600x450shkl_zpsc2d0a7d5.jpg

never really thought how much bigger these big bore singles are until you put things to perspective. the tc120 is just a midget next to the 360 :eek:
IMG_2393_600x450shkl_zps4c24088c.jpg

smv - thanks for the offer, my Dremel is being repaired so hopefully it will be back soon. I dig your display tables; they certainly look sturdy!

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom