Smallest/thinest possible battery

xwolfkvltx

Hi guys, im looking for the smallest/thinest possible battery for my cb360 build. Im building a brat seat for it and i want the air cleaner section hollow so was thinking i could get a slim battery to mount up under the seat so it could be hidden. running nothing else fancy on the bike, just lights and ignition. thanks

I got one that was 30 bucks shipped and Its 2 lbs and will fit under the seat. its 2.9 aH which its for a kick only and no blinkers and LEDS in the guages. I dont have it together and never started it, but it should work fine. Theres all kinds of batteries for $80 and $120 that will start ur bike.

If you're going kick only, then your best bet is going to be a capacitor. Using a battery with low A/h will burn it out in no time. Batteries do not handle overcharging well at all.

Sonreir said:
If you're going kick only, then your best bet is going to be a capacitor. Using a battery with low A/h will burn it out in no time. Batteries do not handle overcharging well at all.

Can you run a headlight using a capacitor? I was thinking about going with an electronic ignition, led or h4 headlamp, kick only. Any advice on experience with a setup like this on a 360 is appreciated, plus it should be relevant to the OP.

Thanks

Sonreir said:

I second that. I had a 2.3 ah batt on my 360 and it burnt out after about 700 mi.

just picked up a 1212 1.7aph and we will find out. its very samll though heres a pic the only problem is i see this one burning up. im going to talk to my electrician and see what we can do. kicker only led gauges and brake light no turn signals
ba001.jpg

Hey mate, you might be interested in these.. they're pretty tiny and sooooo narrow! i just found out that Dime are selling them.. haven't seen them anywhere else yet... it's 2.5 AH though...

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-parts-small-sealed-12v-antigravity-battery-ag-2300.html

ag-2300-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-parts-small-sealed-12v-antigravity-battery-2_2.jpg

ag-2300-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-parts-small-sealed-12v-antigravity-battery-3_2.jpg

and they also have an 8 AH version too: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-parts-medium-sealed-12v-antigravity-battery-ag-4600.html

I've had my eye on one of those Antigravity batteries for a while. I have two real concerns though...

First, I heard that older charging systems (like permanent magnet systems on most of our bikes) don't get along too well with Lithium Ion and the LI batteries drain down pretty quickly, lasting a year or less.

Second is the price. $120 + shipping is pretty damn steep for a battery, even if it is the size of a paperback novel.

Sonreir said:
I've had my eye on one of those Antigravity batteries for a while. I have two real concerns though...

First, I heard that older charging systems (like permanent magnet systems on most of our bikes) don't get along too well with Lithium Ion and the LI batteries drain down pretty quickly, lasting a year or less.

Second is the price. $120 + shipping is pretty damn steep for a battery, even if it is the size of a paperback novel.

It's a valid point Sonreir indeed. Although, since Dime are pretty much only ever into old stuff like CB360's and 400+ old twins... they must have a reason to be stocking these... Not sure if they're Li-Po or Li-ion... it just says that the material is "Top Secret" the best bet would be to write to Michael at DCC and ask what they know about these... (michael@dimecitycycles.com) ;)

p.s. He's a super nice guy and has a great product knowledge. Best service I've gotten in a long time.. and I used to work in the cycle parts industry myself. Id recomend email him and ask about them. He'll give you the 4-1-1

Hey guys I am also looking for a small battery to fit under my seat but it is for an electric start 81' CB 650. Any ideas? Its a 12 AH and I have not really found anything that is affordable.

Re: Re: Smallest/thinest possible battery

skatetheame said:
I second that. I had a 2.3 ah batt on my 360 and it burnt out after about 700 mi.

I'm running a cap on gretta right now. She is a 360, kick only, etc. Runs great when riding. But you have to goose the throttle at traffic lights to keep her going. While idling I watched the connection to the cap with a multi meter and it falls down to about 10v and dies at idle. Just a slight blip to 3000rpm and it jumps back to 16v. I just think stock Honda stators are too weak for low rpm charging. That is especially apparent even with a battery when you couple them with electronic ignition, etc. Now to retrofit a more bide stator.....

Back
Top Bottom