Cramped Working Conditions

Ease

83 XJ650RK, 77 TS-250
My 1-car garage, that used to JUST fit my 78 Corvette (doors hit off the walls and you had to squeeze past the bumpers to get around) is now home to a '99 Goldwing, a table saw, 2 work benches, a big ass John Deere showblower... and my bike plus all kinds of parts, coats, etc.

I have about a 4 X 12 area to work on the bike, and that's only after the floor dries up from the snowblower... Plus a 1' 8" benchtop for small stuff that's about 5 ft long.

Anyway, guess what I'm askin is what everyone is workin with here?
Should I be complaining or bragging?

2-upTail8.jpg

Ease said:
My 1-car garage, that used to JUST fit my 78 Corvette (doors hit off the walls and you had to squeeze past the bumpers to get around) is now home to a '99 Goldwing, a table saw, 2 work benches, a big ass John Deere showblower... and my bike plus all kinds of parts, coats, etc.

I have about a 4 X 12 area to work on the bike, and that's only after the floor dries up from the snowblower... Plus a 1' 8" benchtop for small stuff that's about 5 ft long.

Anyway, guess what I'm askin is what everyone is workin with here?
Should I be complaining or bragging?

2-upTail8.jpg

You should Brag!!.. at least you gotta garage..
I have a public/shared condo garage...It sucks..Everytime I gotta do something, its a big planned event and heaven forbid I forget something, I gotta packl everyhing away just to go upstairs to get a screwdriver or something!!...

I got a 1 1/2 car garage that I stuff both my CB750 and 55 Bel-Air into.
I got it down where I park all the way to the left, so just enough room to open the
drivers door of the car and not wack anything. The bike sits in front of my toolbox.
(believe me - it is tight...)

What I Had...

What I built...

Of course... I rebuilt the bike before the garage... wrong way round ::)

Now THAT's what I need... Along with the half acre lot you need to throw something like that in your back yard.

Ease said:
Now THAT's what I need... Along with the half acre lot you need to throw something like that in your back yard.

60' wide lot with 14' fenced storgage area (trailer, bikes), 30' garage (2 cars + 1 bike & shop) and 16' parking pad (allows for one car and snow pile... important in Winnipeg!)

I envy those with a garage. :'(

I have my bike in a 10x12 shed with lots of cracks between the board cladding. Too much stuff gets put in there and I barely have room to work on the bike, but I am able.

Workshop.jpg

Snowmen2.jpg

shedWorkshopTools.jpg

shedWorkshop.jpg

FrontEnd2.jpg

I didn't know Santa was into old bikes!

The snowman is a given, but the kawasaki badge/books on the wall... and the rickman fairing hanging from the rafters? Not so much (Oh, and the bikes).

Guess that puts me somewhere in the middle... Jealous of Canada Dan's Palace, feeling a little claustrophobic (hah, Claus) in Santa's workshop... and about on par with ProTeal55 (seems we both have about half a 1-car garage to work with).

As for Noel... must suck havin to lug your tools with you everytime you gotta take a bathroom break, hah.

Ease said:
As for Noel... must suck havin to lug your tools with you everytime you gotta take a bathroom break, hah.

SUCKS is an understatement....

This is what I had at my old apartment:
garage%2002.jpg

with a little storage space off to the side:
garage%2001.jpg

Until I moved in with my girl... now all the bikes are in the apartment, 69 in the guest BR, loudbike and Squid in the living room and the Duc in the dining room, but as soon as we close on our house I'll have a 2 car space. :)

I've got a really big and nice shop at work to mess around in... as long as I clean up after myself.

Mysta, she must be some girl for you to give that workshop up... And even more so that she lets you keep your bikes in the house (and loudbike's frame as a christmas tree).

Which one is she gonna ride once you get into the new place?

Ease said:
...Which one is she gonna ride once you get into the new place?

I wish, she doesn't have much interest in riding, she doesn't mind sitting on the back of my bike sometimes but I wish she could ride along with us when we go out to lunch or something. I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Not much to look at, but it's in the basement so it's warm and convenient.

P4070004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom