about to go nuts with wires! =(

LuisN

Been Around the Block
CB350 1973
i took off the front wires for the handle bars.
i took the black and black/white line off this is the off on switch. and connected it with a toggle switch on off.

then i took the yellow/red line wire which is the starter button. grounded the other end .. ALL WORKS! cranks over. BUT

i get no spark. since i have a spare handle bar with wires, i put back.. the on off switch and the same starter button. BUT i connected the extra black wire WHICH in theory is for the high low beams. and i got spark. BUT another show stopper.

i only get spark on the left spark plug NOT the right.

i checked all my wiring. everything is fine. my fuse is fine.
i took off the spark plug switched the over and still no spark on right cyl.

could it be the coils? i checked those wires and nothing. i also got replacement ones, in red.. BUT how do i take off the old ones!?

IF theres anyone in the florida , miami area that could help me out. i would GLADDLLYYY buy a six pack and some pizza. i am beyond fustrated. spent 3 hrs on just starting it.

fyi.. battery is brand new.

i also forgot to mention, that i did not connect any wires that connect to the left handle bar controls. horn etc. this should not matter. right?

and ive been looking at this wiring diag and i know i only need the black / black.white cable for on off. and the starter button.

i just cant see to get spark on the right side spark plug thou =( ahhhhhhhhhhh

well they always say walk away from the issue if youve worked on it for hours. and i say again, WALK away. come back with a fresh mind..

So.. issue #1 when you buy a toggle switch.. FIND OUT WHAT OFF AND ON is!!! lol. that part worked i had the switch on the wrong side. the box it was in did not say which want it was.. whatever got that clear..

#2. right side spark none. well switched the coil from another 71 cb350 and BAM!!! bike starts on first push of the button of kick!! ill be posting pics soon.

thanks just for listening

Back
Top Bottom