緑のドラゴン KZ750

Damn, I love it. I wanted to eventually lace up some 17's to my stock hubs myself, like I did with my GT380 back in '95... But I can't ever say I thought the result would look this good...

Such a sexy build. I'm building a 650 with ZX-7 bits...only wish I had the cash for spokes, they look amazing

Not much to update, been busy with Christmas/New Years. Ordered a 38T Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket, and a 16 tooth EX500 JTF512 front sprocket. The EX has the same output shaft splines/dimensions as the KZ650-750. So going from a HUGE 630 chain to a 520, hope this will liven up the acceleration a bit. Stock gearing gives a 2.54 ratio, this setup will give me 2.38...same overall gearing as stock with the shorter 17" rear wheel setup.

love it! and those wheels are killer! i got the same rotors for mine as well.

Good to see you back mate! Looks like you're ignoring restraint on this project, can't wait to see this one develop.

Bit of an update. Got my sprockets :)

shockmount008.jpg

Dragged a couple of KZ750 engines home from my sisters, she is nice enough to let me store extra bikes/parts in her shed lol. I'll be using the 750E bottom end ( on the right ) and the 750L top end.

FORKSNWHEELSNSTUFF030.jpg

Started on my shock mount, I'll finish it up tonight.

shockmount002.jpg

shockmount020.jpg

shockmount022.jpg

shockmount024.jpg

shockmount025.jpg

I'm liking this build. The spoked wheels are the way to go. Nice

Its been a long time since I've welded anything more than just tacking in floor pans in rotten old cars. First few welds were not good at all, more like chicken shit really lol. Gettin back into it now though, once I got the feed rate in check it went much smoother...there was cursing involved :)

Only special thing I used to fab this is the welder. Other than that, a couple 4.5" angle grinders...one with a cut off wheel, and one with a grinding disk. A wire brush on my drill, oh and a tape measure and level.

Big thing is take your time fish mouthing the tube for a nice tight fit....angle grinder is messy for this but works for me. Some guys use hole saws, I dont bother.

Nice! I'll be doing a KZ650 frame here shortly for Valvesprung....I might steal some of your ideas here...very stout looking mount! I will probably cheat and use the mill for fish-mouthing the tube...I'm too lazy to do it with an angle grinder...sheesh!

I'm thinking that saving for a mill and a lathe is on the horizon lol.

Here are a few more upto date pics. Still trying to decide on clipons or superbike style bars....I love the look with clipons, but I know my shoulder wont take riding it with them.

mount012.jpg

mount014.jpg

mount015.jpg

mount016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom