Taillight wiring issues

72BlackonBlack

I purchased my 1976 Honda CB550 from a guy about 10 months ago. The guy had made the CB into a bobber by removing the rear fender and seat, and taking a metal fender from another bike and installing a solo seat. The tallights that were installed were bullet style lights with one wire coming out of them. I want to run them as straight taillights, not stop lights, but I can't seem to figure out what to connect the wires to.

The lights were initially hooked up to one green, and one brown wire coming out of the wiring harness, although I can't seem to figure out what went were. If I were to run the lights as straight taillights, no blinkers or stop lights, where do I connect the single wire coming out of them?

Also, I am planning on using an LED strip for the brake light. There is one red, and one black wire coming out of the strip. Where would those wires go to connect to the wiring harness?

I absolutely hate everything electrical, but I have tried various configurations, but nothing seems to work correctly.

Brown or brown/white is the positive wire for the running lights. Green/yellow is used for the brake lights and connects to the red for the LEDs.. Green (or frame) is to be used as ground and is connected to black for the LEDs. Sounds like the running lights you're using are grounded through the body, so make sure they have a good metallic connection to the frame.

Back
Top Bottom