Cold weather is here, and time to do something with my cb450

I happen to have a pic of the rear mounts as well.

2012-12-12_21-12-26_466.jpg

Jeeze, one bolt horizontal... guess I need to slow down and think before typing.

Thinking an "L" bracket out of a piece of angle to go from the frame to the tank mount?

how about a bracket where the seat latch was with a nut welded to it. Then using a piece of all thread with a wing nut on the end like an old air cleaner hold down. I have some large washers that are rubber on one side that I could use to locate the opening in the tank hold down. That way it would be easy remove and simple. Maybe put a a guide tube for the rod.

Check Rich's builds he has just posted a pic of his Zook tank mount they welded up, kinda like what I was describing.

I am going to recess them under the cowl a little. They are a lot brighter than I thought they were going to be. They are a single purpose bulb. So I think I am going to try to find a small LED light bar (5-6 LEDs) to go underneath the stop lights for running lights. Let's just see how my first attempt at metal fabrication goes first.

You can probably get them elsewhere but Custom Dynamics has the wiring to turn them into stop/turn/tail lights. I'll see if I can find the link.

Like this:
http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm

$80 seems steep, sure you could find the same thing cheaper.

END OF LINE

That is a little steep. I am going to use something like this. http://www.curtmfg.com/part/55130 like you would for trailer lights if your truck has separate turn signals and brake lights. cheap and small. Then I will have 2 brake lights and a right and left blinker.

Yes, that is what I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember where else I'd seen it. Just make sure it is LED compatible.

It is just a series of relays. Have one just like it on my parents truck and their trailer uses LEDs. If the stop lights are being commanded one it flows through. If the turn signal is commanded it over rides the stop light circuit, and the light blinks. Just need an electronic flasher.

Well, Picked up my running light and headlight ears today. Maybe I can start to make some progress in the next few days

any more thoughts on the chair chassis / connection ?

Agree re: the heavy car battery - position it as far outboard as poss - aids with right handers when there's no passenger to assist ! Of course we never had that kickstarter problem in the UK !

I have been thinking about the chassis mounts. I decided I needed to get the bike to the point it was ride-able so that I could sort out any adjustments that need to be made and then I would build a sub frame down the right side (and possible build it under the bike to transfer some load.) You can see the car frame in this pic in a mock up position.

2013-02-21_19-06-17_246_zps895afab4.jpg

Cool. Which tires are those? They new? They look like the ones I was considering.

END OF LINE

I don't remember. They are the ones I have been riding, 1k miles or so. I am a bit ashamed. They are too big for the rims, barely.

I popped the springs off of my stock shocks, 1/2" shorter than the ones I am running, and put them on the bike yesterday and this is what I ended up with.

2013-02-24_18-37-10_886_zpsb2a4a419.jpg

Oh, look that is a Pirelli MT90 on the rear

Yep, so that is your worst case. Looks like I may have a clearance issue with my seat then. I will have to find some putty and check it.

I was thinking about getting the shinko 705s.

END OF LINE

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a led bulb for my headlight

2900-P46FLC.jpg

I won't have a high beam, but the the bulb should fit my Bridgestone housing with a little massaging.

The Specs:
1.4 amp draw
1600 lumens 8)

Back
Top Bottom