The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
item.JPG

New bars - further forward and lower. Renthal sportbike bars upside down and an inch shorter each end plus bar-end mirrors:

item.JPG

Tarozzi pegs - just because:

item.JPG

Early 70s replica TA125 fairing ordered, hopefully only about a week away!

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - new bits!

stroker crazy said:
Thanks Brad - I only hope cool stuff doesn't turn me into a hipster!

Crazy

Naaa, you have put more miles on this little guy since you got it than a hipster would in their whole life. Too bad these are not available in Canuckistan as I think it would be the perfect back road commuter. I could haul ass at WOT and barely brake the speed limit with a big shit eating grin the whole time.

Cheers and can't wait to see it with the fairing on it.

Maritime - I try to do a run weekly to the closest piece of winding road. Check out Google maps 'Royal National Park, New South Wales'.
Lots of corners and (mostly) a fairly good road surface, but narrow. In windy weather you need to watch out for tree branches on the road, and after rain there can be water flowing across the road. Weekends the road has too many slow tin-tops and too much police radar, but early morning on weekdays can be perfect.

Crazy

Thank you Stroker I got a quote of 1700 without engine as they are not epa legal :p

Picking up TA125 fairing on Saturday!

It will probably need modification to fit the "Ace" and bracketry will probably be tricky, but should look good when finished.

Crazy

A short drive and now I have this:

item.JPG

As it is for a Yamaha TA125 two-stroke twin some modifications will be necessary, mainly at the bottom. Fitting a headlight is fairly straightforward but time consuming.

Will post progress.

Crazy

Fairing positioned roughly.
Some things good, some things bad.
Good things are that the current handlebars etc. fit perfectly and nothing hits lock-to-lock. Screen allows me to tuck right down to try and pick up a little more speed.
Really the only bad thing is I will have to replace everything adjacent to the crankcase and exhaust pipe, but I expected that.

item.JPG

Crazy

Damn! That fairing looks killer on there! It'll sure be worth the effort once your done.

Back
Top Bottom