The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - getting a grip!

Hello! totally new here, so this is my first post.
Been stalking this site for a while though!

Must say that this bike is so good looking, and a bargain. So cheap for a new bike!

Getting this bike as well, but I need to get my license first. Currently studying on that now. Hopefully I will be done before the summer is over :D
Gonna do some changes to it though. Getting rid of the rear fender, clubmans/clip-ons, some tuning with exhaust, carbs. Also new suspensions and tires.

So this thread is a big inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Glad you like the 'Ace'. It's a fun bike to ride.

I should have the Tarozzi clip-ons installed shortly and slow progress is being made on the fairing and instruments.
On the performance side, probably the most important change to make is the exhaust. The air filter set up is not too bad but the pipe is extremely restricted. As I make changes I will post my experiences here on DTT, perhaps you may find them helpful.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
"The air filter set up is not too bad but the pipe is extremely restricted. As I make changes I will post my experiences here on DTT, perhaps you may find them helpful."

Crazy

Hey Stroker Crazy! I've been reading this thread and I might be a little bit excited. I'll tell you why...correct me if I am wrong but I think the engine your bike has is a reproduction of a 125 OHV Honda engine. If that is the case, then your bike and mine (Honda CGL 125) have very similar mechanical and "performance" characteristics.
So...What are your plans for performance modifications on your bike?
I saw you purchased new jets, whats their size and whats the original jet's size? Mi bike comes with a #102 main jet and a #38 pilot jet.
Last but not least...Whats the top speed of your bike right from the factory?

Sorry for all the questions, but not a lot of people messes with these little bikes so theres not a lot of info about them.
BTW, That fairing you are planning to run looks BEAUTIFUL. As simple as that.

Cheers from Mexico,

Juan Fco. Castillo

The motor for the 'Ace' is copied from the CG125. I don't know if any parts are interchangeable but it would be very useful if that was the case.
The jets were recommended to me by a person who has had some experience with modifications to these bikes.
The main is a 95 and pilot is a 45. I have not dismantled the carby yet so I don't know what size the originals are. When I have the new exhaust system to fit I will be attempting the re-jet, and will be able to say more then.
After 1500 k riding the motor is running much better than it was, but establishing a top speed is difficult. A slight uphill or a headwind cause notable slowing, and a downhill helps to pick up revs. So far I haven't seen a great deal over 90-95kph. When I install the tacho I will know a bit more about how hard the bike is working!
Other than a new exhaust and a freer intake I won't be doing much in the way of engine changes. A 125 pushrod motor doesn't have too much to gain without compromising reliability. It makes more sense to spend development money on a somewhat larger capacity OHV motor.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - bars up!

Tarozzi bars fitted:

item.JPG

and a side view:

item.JPG

Much more comfortable, owing to the adjustability.

New throttle and switch blocks will be the next change, followed by the Koso instruments.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - bars up!

Timmy - on page 6 I mentioned that I was planning to make some tuning modifications. The most important first change will be to replace the very restricted exhaust set-up. This will be followed by filter-box alterations, upgrading the CDI, and re-jetting.
As these changes are completed they will be posted here.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - cleaner breathing!

Hey Stroker Crazy, love to see the changes you're doing to this bike! Mine's about to arrive next week!
Just wondering: How many kms/miles have you done on it, and did you have any real issues so far?

Done just on 2000k - no problems, keeps getting better as the motor gets run-in. Checked tappets again the other day, still no sign of wear.

Let me know how you go with yours.

Crazy

Keep it up stroker! A proper example of how a small bike should be!

Re: Re: the "Ace" - cleaner breathing!

Really coming along nicely, crazy.

Back
Top Bottom