The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

ChrisBNE said:
Second point, has any used the stock handle bar and flipped it over to give the bike that drop bar look and did it

I did it. You can check pictures of my bike somewhere between page 20 to 30 i'd say (sorry I don't know exactly which one).
I personnally drilled it, it drills really easy, but i know owner who uses the gaffer method and works good apparently.

Btw it makes me think that I can share this information to those who would like to put bar end mirrors on the original handlebar:
The end of the bar has a spacer really tightly inserted on it and I found no way to get it out. I even cut like 1cm of the bar so that I can grip the spacer and pull it out but no way.
So the solution was to push it further down the handlebar with a hammer.
I could push it for 5 cm which is what was needed for the bar end mirrors thread.

Alan Vega said:
I did it. You can check pictures of my bike somewhere between page 20 to 30 i'd say (sorry I don't know exactly which one).
I personnally drilled it, it drills really easy, but i know owner who uses the gaffer method and works good apparently.

Btw it makes me think that I can share this information to those who would like to put bar end mirrors on the original handlebar:
The end of the bar has a spacer really tightly inserted on it and I found no way to get it out. I even cut like 1cm of the bar so that I can grip the spacer and pull it out but no way.
So the solution was to push it further down the handlebar with a hammer.
I could push it for 5 cm which is what was needed for the bar end mirrors thread.

If you wanted to be posh you could drill a hole in the spacer/weight , tap it out and screw the mounting bolt for the mirror straight into it.

Personally I prefer the big hammer approach 8)

mikeyw64 said:
If you wanted to be posh you could drill a hole in the spacer/weight , tap it out and screw the mounting bolt for the mirror straight into it.

Personally I prefer the big hammer approach 8)

Believe me I tried to drill the weight, it was the first attempt, but it must be like 5 cm at least so I gave up, went for the saw and finally came to the hammer.
Next mod i'll do i'll start with the hammer :)

Hey Guys,
I bought an ace about a year ago but its been sitting in the shed while I travelled and got my license.

Now I have my license I want to do the basic mods I have read about here.

I was wondering if we could start a list of places to source the parts for the mods you guys have all been talking about and maybe a how to for the basic mods eg exhaust mod.

I dont know much about bikes but am fairly good at basic mechanical type things...

Cheers,
Lauren

vonmighty said:
Hey Guys,
I bought an ace about a year ago but its been sitting in the shed while I travelled and got my license.

Now I have my license I want to do the basic mods I have read about here.

I was wondering if we could start a list of places to source the parts for the mods you guys have all been talking about and maybe a how to for the basic mods eg exhaust mod.

I dont know much about bikes but am fairly good at basic mechanical type things...

Cheers,
Lauren

Hi Lauren & welcome to the madhouse

Most of the stuff can be sourced from OO Racing (http://www.ooracing.com/) . UK based but ship worldwide (whereabouts are you?). Adrian there is a star & fount of all knowledge :)

Skyeamparts.com is for all the OEM stuff

I've also used Discovolante (http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/) for some parts (although they are the pricier end of the market)

sprocket2cog said:
new gps speed trace . 114.2kph

Good work, it gives the rest of us a target!

Bojer said:
there is a little plug in the top over a "window" in the top of the cover to try and see the T mark.

+1 on this.

mikeyw64 said:
Break the tabs off and put some gaffer tape (increases the diameter slightly plus provides grip) around the bar before putting the switches back on , much easier :)

Always do something like this myself.

vonmighty said:
Hey Guys,Lauren

Welcome aboard Lauren! Keep us posted on your mods.

Crazy

RandyT said:
Hi guys great thread. I've got mine all going but had trouble at TMR.
Has anyone had any trouble getting these registered in Queensland?
I went in to TMR and they told me I didn't have the right import papers and that my bikes VIN needed to be on the papers. Any help would be great.

Hi Randy,

I'm in QLD and had no problems at all. Did you buy from Ikonik? All you should need is the Invoice with the VIN number from Ikonik and TMR should check that against the compliance plate and an overall check of the bike. As you are not the importer, Ikonik is, Ikonik have had the bike compliance and stamped.

You do not need a roadworthy certificate as the bike has never been registered. Just need to organise your CTP before you go, have the rego form completed and pay the stamp duty when you at TMR and they should give you the plates. PM me if you need any more help.

the only issue I had was that 'skyteam' was not a registered manufacture. they ended up using Sacin ace 125. but yes also direct from ikonik with id plate attached, no roadworthy, only stamp+rego+plates ~ $300 or so. next rego will be cheaper.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses.
They told me I need an import papers with my VIN listed, I even called Ikonik (who are awesome btw) at the time I was at TMR and they asked to talk to the person at Wynnum TMR but they wouldn't talk to them, they were just being idiots. Ikonik said that all imports are listed on the National Exchange of Vehicle and Driver Information System (NEVDIS) and that's all TMR need to look at. Surley they should know that.... Now I have to try and fix it all up again today.

Thanks Crazy, I already had that letter and they said to me it was not valid as my VIN wasn't listed and that it didn't have the Australian Government marking at the top of each page....
I just wrote them a nice letter ::) willl see how I go now.

RandyT said:
willl see how I go now.

Good luck!

ChrisBNE said:
I could not get the left side cover off

For anyone removing the LH crankcase cover:

item.JPG

Crazy

RandyT said:
Thanks Crazy, I already had that letter and they said to me it was not valid as my VIN wasn't listed and that it didn't have the Australian Government marking at the top of each page....
I just wrote them a nice letter ::) willl see how I go now.

You need the invoice from Ikonik with the VIN number and you should be fine.

stroker crazy said:
For anyone removing the LH crankcase cover:[/img]

Crazy

Do you turn crank her over via using a socket on the end of the main shaft that's under the cover with the 4 bolts/skyteam logo?

ChrisBNE said:
Do you turn crank her over via using a socket on the end of the main shaft that's under the cover with the 4 bolts/skyteam logo?
Have not tried doing valves myself yet,
this vid looks to be helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4CrFwli-v0
cheers ACEitup

ChrisBNE said:
yeah you can do that just make sure your rotating it towards the front of the motor(anticlockwise) or you might be out a bit even when it lines up.

Hello all, just having abit of a choke issue...the ace starts up with no choke at all, and when choke is applied to a cold engine it will not start, and if its applied to an idling engine with no choke it will die.

im thinking pilot circut is too rich...i am using the new pilot jet provided in the OOracing kit. should i switch back to the stock pilot? and i sanyone else having this issue?

thank you in advance...!!

ci_mark said:
Hello all, just having abit of a choke issue...the ace starts up with no choke at all, and when choke is applied to a cold engine it will not start, and if its applied to an idling engine with no choke it will die.

im thinking pilot circut is too rich...i am using the new pilot jet provided in the OOracing kit. should i switch back to the stock pilot? and i sanyone else having this issue?

thank you in advance...!!

if it starts without the choke thats ok, just let it warm up without the choke on then off you go. you dont need to choke it . nothing to worry about.
on mine i let the motor turn over with the kill switch on for a sec, then turn on the switch and she fires right up , no choke.

Back
Top Bottom