The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

sprocket2cog said:
if it starts without the choke thats ok, just let it warm up without the choke on then off you go. you dont need to choke it . nothing to worry about.
on mine i let the motor turn over with the kill switch on for a sec, then turn on the switch and she fires right up , no choke.

thanks for the advice, if anyone else wants to weigh in so i can get a majority decision? haha

also, some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20131118_120054.jpg
    IMG_20131118_120054.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20131118_120111.jpg
    IMG_20131118_120111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20131118_120128.jpg
    IMG_20131118_120128.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 232
ci_mark said:
thanks for the advice, if anyone else wants to weigh in so i can get a majority decision? haha

also, some pics:
Crazy took his choke off all together, if that helps you decide.
;D
(he mentions it somewhere back in the thread.)

I was speaking to Adrian at OO the other week about the choke (seeing as I no longer have a cable running too it form the LH handlebar) and he mentioned that wit their rejet kit even here in the UK they don't need it or only briefly.

Sweet looking tail, just need to sort the barn door on the back out ;o)

Hi Guys
Anyone able write up a " how to guide" to install fork up grade kit
Got the kit not sure where to start?
though I'ds ask before I start googling for a few hours
any help would be a great start
cheers
ACEitup

ACEitup said:
Hi Guys
Anyone able write up a " how to guide" to install fork up grade kit
Got the kit not sure where to start?
though I'ds ask before I start googling for a few hours
any help would be a great start
cheers
ACEitup
its nt too hard, but you will need to take the forks off as there isnt a drain screw to get the old oil out.
undo the tops of the forks, then the tripe tree clamps.
drop the forks and tip them over to drain the oil. reinstall the forks, put the oil in, then drop the spacers in on top of the springs and the screw the fork top caps back in.

sprocket2cog said:
its nt too hard, but you will need to take the forks off as there isnt a drain screw to get the old oil out.
undo the tops of the forks, then the tripe tree clamps.
drop the forks and tip them over to drain the oil. reinstall the forks, put the oil in, then drop the spacers in on top of the springs and the screw the fork top caps back in.

Just to be sure mark the top of the springs with a touch of tipex L & R so you put them back the same way/same side if they come out

sprocket2cog said:
Crazy took his choke off all together …

Back on page 7!

How does the plug look after a fast ride? That will give an indication of jetting.

ACEitup said:
… "how to guide" …

Sprocket2cog has it nailed!

While you have the fork leg upside-down after draining, pump it a couple of times to thoroughly empty it.

Crazy

I read in the french thread I posted a while ago the guys were leaving their forks to drain for a relatively long period of time...

stroker crazy said:
How does the plug look after a fast ride? That will give an indication of jetting.
Crazy

the plug looks alright, it looks like its in the ok but not quite in the "best" range of the spark plug chart, little on the lean side. but nothing to get stressed about.
thats with stock jetting with bigger header, stock airbox as well

no signs of erosion on the electrode after 2950km of mainly high speed highway use.

Attachments

• 20131118_174005.jpg
    20131118_174005.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 246
ACEitup said:
Thxs Sprocket
dont have a stand, any make shift idea's?
if this rain keeps up I'll run out of mods to do!
cheers

use rope or tie down straps to tie the handlebars up to a beam etc on a patio or garage. and lift the front end in the air. tie it to both sides to keep it stable.

[quote straps to tie the handlebars up to a beam etc on a patio or garage. and lift the front end in the air.
[/quote]
brilliant!
cheers
ACEitup

ChrisBNE said:
You need the invoice from Ikonik with the VIN number and you should be fine.
Rego all done. I went to a different TMR office (Cleveland) just gave them the invoice with no trouble this time. It was a nice ride there and back, I'm loving this bike already and it's only stock atm. ;D
Looking forward to riding to work tomorrow :D

Hi All

Just had a nice couple of nights reading what everyone has been up to - some 'ace' info and ideas in this forum - Thank you - I bought my Ace a month ago, saw it in our local Cheapy, Cheerful, Chinese bike dealer went in looked all over it and bought it for £1650 on the road with a chrome 'performance' exhaust thrown in (not fitted). I have not even ridden it as standard but have started to replace all nuts and bolts with stainless, and I am waiting for Ooracing's big bore kit, carb and stack, performance CDI and an iridium plug to come.
The indicators have to go - foul - and I will fit some mini chrome round ones from Wizard Customs in Sheffield, I have also ordered a Shin Yo rear light, also round, from a place in Germany called Louis Motorrad.
I am very interested in what you are all doing and I have though long and hard about what I want to achieve with my bike.
I am a bit torn with it in some ways. It is a copy of a racer, but I ain't racing it, it's a road bike so I want it to work properly - indicators, lights etc. It looks 60's so I want appropriate looking parts (sorry, don't like piggy back shocks or LP tyres!)
The best conclusion I can reach is to buy another four and make 'em all different!!!
One bit of info I would like to share is that in removing a lot of the fasteners they appear to be made of some king of low grade cheese - frequently stripping and 'galling'.
This is not really that important except that two of them holding the disc on sheared off in the front hub. I drilled them out ok but was not happy with the threads in these two holes or, upon inspection, the others. I am taking the disc off, re-drilling the holes to M8 and re-tapping the hub take M8 bolts.
I intend to gear the bike up but want to try it first - here in sunny Yorkshire we have lots of hills and I am a fat bastard - so I'd better wait and see!
One question I have - when I inspect my chrome exhaust there is a fillet of weld restricting the hole - I want to grind it out but are these pipes double skinned and will it open up a gap between the two if they are?
I will post some pictures as work progresses and once again thanks for all the freely given advice, tips and info!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom