The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

looks good chris. i went back to stock bars this morning...clubman bars would be great on the track but gave me sore arms and shoulders ..felt like i was doing a handstand..might try mounting them in the tall position another day.

re jetted main and pilot, went to 48 \98.
plug does not show soot..starts much better on kick. much smoother and no burbling on deceleration .

happy so far. smacked in bar weights on original bars with air chisel..put bar end mirrors back on...looks good...

just need to do a 20km run to test.

off to Adelaide oval soon for a function..get to see new cricket ground up close. not open yet.

pete

Never been happy with the angle of the master cylinder on the clip-ons. Even with a slight overfill the piston is barely covered at full right lock:

item.JPG

So a replacement was purchased (thanks s2c):

item.JPG

Should fix the problem!

Crazy

Ok trying the valve clearances again, I've got the t mark in the little window aand the intake valve has gone done and up.

But when I try to get the feeler gauge in the gap... Well there is no gap!

Do I just undo the lock nut and the turn anti clockwise to adjust? Or am I missing something?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385792657.451486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385792657.451486.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 862
ChrisBNE said:
Well there is no gap!

I've heard others have had zero gap - just undo lock nut and slack off adjustment screw until you get the correct reading. Check again after re-tightening lock nut and re-do if necessary.

ChrisBNE said:
My socket too big!

Are you using a standard socket or a plug socket?

Crazy

Plug socket I have is 21mm... worried that compression in the chamber will hamper things if the plug is still in there.

ChrisBNE said:
Photos this time, much better now!

Might need to adjust the brake/clutch lever position a bit, but it's bucketing down so no way to test properly yet!

looks great,
wish I didn't have a dodgy neck
would do it too
THe CAT is Gone!
will post photos when Ive tidyed up a few things
and report on performance after tomorrows ride
cheers ACEitup

ACEitup said:
Fitted yet?

Of course not!

I find it almost impossible to leave things as bought. Decided that black was not the colour I wanted so started to strip the powder coating. Have you ever tried to get PC of a complex cast shape?

I will need some more hours work before it's done.

See you at the servo.

Crazy

been some busy little Bees on here overnight whilst I've been sleeping, anyone would think it was Sat down under ;D

Srtoker , I'm really interested in whther those replacement levers make any difference to braking performance, cosmetically they're certainly nicer

Chris, you just need some clear indicators at the front there . ALso unless you've replaced the OEM plug with a NGK then the spark plug spanner from the toolkit will fit :)

Right just about to gte dressed and head the 170 odd miles (273km) back home on Jessica

mikeyw64 said:
been some busy little Bees on here overnight whilst I've been sleeping, anyone would think it was Sat down under ;D

Chris, you just need some clear indicators at the front there . ALso unless you've replaced the OEM plug with a NGK then the spark plug spanner from the toolkit will fit :)

Right just about to gte dressed and head the 170 odd miles (273km) back home on Jessica

Yeah just worked that out now... Maaaan. I'll finish the job tomorrow.

And I'm a bit different... I like the stock indicators!

mikeyw64 said:
I'm really interested in whther those replacement levers make any difference …

The remote reservoir is certainly going to help me relax about air in the line!
Hope you have reasonable weather for the return journey.

ChrisBNE said:
I like the stock indicators!

With you on the indicators … just going to de-chrome them.

Crazy

So far the weather is glorious. This was my breakfast stop a little earlier

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385817321697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385817321697.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,053
Excellent pic - she'll need a bath by the time she's home :)

Got my documents - finally able to ride it soon........... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom