The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Bojer said:
Excellent pic - she'll need a bath by the time she's home :)

Got my documents - finally able to ride it soon........... :eek:

That will be tomorrows treat for her

Todays trip home was slightly longer than the way down but its been a glorious day for riding. Blue skies & just got a touch crisp coming back over the cat & fiddle as the sun started setting

SAM_0901.JPG

mikeyw64 said:
So far the weather is glorious. This was my breakfast stop a little earlier

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great ride Mike, I'm jealous. I went to the motorcycle show at the NEC yesterday. Lots of nice bikes but no SkyTeam Ace :(

Wayne

WJPez said:
Sounds like a great ride Mike, I'm jealous. I went to the motorcycle show at the NEC yesterday. Lots of nice bikes but no SkyTeam Ace :(

Wayne

To Quote Skyteam UKs Facebook page in response to their post about being at the Motorhome show last week I think it was:

Skyteam UK I'm Afraid not this year, We are going to concentrate on the start of the biking season, and more importantly ensuring our dealers are ready and up to date

https://www.facebook.com/SkyteamMotorcycles

Hi Alan Sorry for delay in posting but work took over for a week - I have taken the carb off and there is no number on the pilot that I can see. I took it out and checked all over but nothing I'm afraid. I measured the bore and it is 26mm - Ooracing say that it does not give an overall power increase but is better mid range and easier to tune. There looks to be enough meat on it to bore it out a bit though, although I am not really after max power just a nice little bike - The smaller carb should signal sooner and make it easier to ride.

I am loving the videos of mikey's Ace! The sound takes me straight back to 17 and skiving off school on my old '79 XL125 with my mate Jock on his DT175 Yam. Cheers!

Now for a bit of help - I have got the bike running but it won't stop! Kill switch is no good and neither is the key. It's fingers down the carb! Has any one got a wiring diagram for these bikes? I'll get back in't shed and carry on but I am wondering if Ooracings black box by passes the switches.

Also question for Dan - where did you get those stickers for your tank? Would you be offended if I copied your scheme? I think they look great!

Dave M said:
--8<--

I am loving the videos of mikey's Ace! The sound takes me straight back to 17 and skiving off school on my old '79 XL125 with my mate Jock on his DT175 Yam. Cheers!

Now for a bit of help - I have got the bike running but it won't stop! Kill switch is no good and neither is the key. It's fingers down the carb! Has any one got a wiring diagram for these bikes? I'll get back in't shed and carry on but I am wondering if Ooracings black box by passes the switches.

--8<--

Cheers Dave, uploading another one at the moment.

Wirring diagram Sir :)

http://www.sharetheexperience.co.uk/ACE/images/AceWiring.png

mikeyw64 said:
Cheers Dave, uploading another one at the moment.

Wirring diagram Sir :)

http://www.sharetheexperience.co.uk/ACE/images/AceWiring.png

Top Man - Once more into the shed dear friends......

Jessica playing in a bit of traffic on the way towards Matlock Bath earlier today

(youtube may still processing the Higher Quality version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqiZEmbJxjE

10 minutes with Mikey's wiring diagram and it's sorted - a loose wire into the CDI unit. thank you! Like the new vid. Nice bit of road that - done it many times. i wonder what the guy on the Brit bike thought when you past him?

Dave M said:
10 minutes with Mikey's wiring diagram and it's sorted - a loose wire into the CDI unit. thank you! Like the new vid. Nice bit of road that - done it many times. i wonder what the guy on the Brit bike thought when you past him?
Bemused probably :)

Well got the spark plug out and adjusted the valve clearances but now the rocker noise is much louder so I think I've botched and will have to check again...

Also stripped a bolt... One of the four that hold onto the sky team Logo plate.

Three Ace's made a run through the Royal National Park this morning (would have been four but JP's bike had a comprehensively flat tyre). If a single Ace attracts attention, three of them are impossible to resist!

Parked at Bald Hill:

item.JPG

Crazy

Checked clearances again and made sure I took into account the play of the rocker against the push rod and she's all apples.

Interesting before fiddling my intake clearance was perfect but exhaust had no clearance!

Now to work out the stripped bolt hole.

stroker crazy said:
Three Ace's made a run through the Royal National Park this morning (would have been four but JP's bike had a comprehensively flat tyre). If a single Ace attracts attention, three of them are impossible to resist!

Parked at Bald Hill:

item.JPG

Crazy

Great day for it!

As promised, this is my dodgy stand fabricated from the original crate.

Almost straight!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385877868.964547.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385877868.964547.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,062
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385877883.813924.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385877883.813924.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,061
stroker crazy said:
Glad you got it sorted!

Next time will be much easier. What's your plan for the stripped thread?

Crazy

I have access to a tap and die set, but I might just take it somewhere to do it. Safer.

Did a 5km test ride sans one bolt and there was no oil leaking but will keep an eye on it.

Dropped bars is very different riding position.

stroker crazy said:
Three Ace's made a run through the Royal National Park

item.JPG

Crazy
Its true ACEs turned heads this morning 8)
with standard questions answered
There was some fuel consumption issues'
well you can forget to fill up after 3-400 clicks ?
Traffic was light and the Aces where ridden at pace :eek:
We stopped and had quick debrief
and made future plans for the next Ace ride
Cheers ACEitup

Attachments

• 3 bikes.JPG
    3 bikes.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,143
  • fuel.JPG
    fuel.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • debreif.JPG