The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

need some advices here.

my ace keep stalling when i brake real hard or sometime stopping at the traffic light.

running Mikuni VM22-133 with Main jet of 100 and Pilot lof 30, QA throttle, Ooracing Posh CDI, performance air filter, NGK coil, and recenly changed 8EIX NGK spark plug.

I do find my engine might be running a bit too rich base on the color of my spark plug (blackish). But i think the air/fuel/idle screw setting should be ok.

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Tad said:
That's good Chris. Just remember to ride gently and not draw any attention to yourself when police are around.

worked out it was the grumpy old man down the road reported me. I may report him for his dangerous retaining wall that's about to fall onto the path :) = $$$$$$$

Going to try to complete the following:
fit clip-on bars
add 25mm bolt to fork springs
change oil to 30w (how much oil? what is the air gap?)

Well, that's what happens when you have a family. I've ran put of time this weekend, so I have only managed to get the clipons installed. No 25mm bolt or oil change. Maybe get to that in a couple of weeks. And i will need to finish making the switch gear stop twisting on the new bars.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Found this on Lennard Schuurmans' blog 'Bubble Visor'.

It's not a 'Dream' as the stickers would have us believe. Most parts look like they're from the 'Ace', but the motor is a twin something-or-other.

It was photographed at Throttle Twisting Sunday in Jakarta last weekend.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• Ace-Dream.jpg
    Ace-Dream.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 255
is it a twin or a twin exhaust port head for the two exhausts ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Stock-150cc-Big-Bore-Cylinder-Head-For-CG125-Engines-Twin-Exhaust-Port-Double-/321225153798

It's probably a two-port head, but the crankcase looks different to any CG125 that I've seen.

Though who knows what variants have been manufactured in China!

Crazy

Looking at the angle of the carb and it only has two tappet covers seems to make it look like a single cylinder. What ever it is, it's nice. Also like the Honda C90 type thing that's next to it, that's had loads of work done on it.

stroker crazy said:
It's probably a two-port head, but the crankcase looks different to any CG125 that I've seen.

Though who knows what variants have been manufactured in China!

Crazy

Hi there folks, I've been lurking on this thread a lot as I own a bike that's a CG125 copy, not an Ace, but all the info here has been REALLY REALLY helpful, in terms of tuning and the 125 to 150 conversion I'm looking forward to do soon. I have been modifying it since 2 months ago, but the protests here in my country had made me go glacial pace on the build (I just neglected the build several times to go protest).

I'd be glad if you could pass by my build thread and help me out (need to urgently update it btw) here's a pic of what I have at the moment

5emupadu.jpg

e9yry8as.jpg

y7ahy8eq.jpg

Now following stroker crazy's comment:

Here in Venezuela we have a LOT of Chinese bikes around and a lot have CG125 copies on them, mostly are really CG150's. I can identify them as the cylinder and head have the same exact shape in all of them, even though the crankcases are a lot different between bike to bike

As you say who knows how many variants have been done on China, if you want to have a look I can manage to take pics from various models and upload them here only for fun, you guys tell me.

Cheers!

downhiler900sl

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It's not going to make the 'Ace any faster,

It's not going to improve handling,

I just couldn't help myself!

New tail-light:

item.JPG

and:

item.JPG

Crazy

Nice, I've been viewing different types of rear lights myself on ebay and that's the one that really suits the period look.

stroker crazy said:
It's not going to make the 'Ace any faster,

New tail-light ...

Crazy

... of course it will, Crazy! - it's lighter, slimmer, less wind drag ... I swear it even looks faster standing still ! ... hehe

Haz

dualero said:
I'd be glad if you could pass by my build thread and help me out ... here's a pic of what I have at the moment

Cheers!

downhiler900sl

... a cafe racer style single/solo seat with hump might look nice on it ? Like the pic below ...

Haz

Attachments

• 2cb125s.jpg
    2cb125s.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,384
I'm really looking after the "scrambler/street tracker" style for my bike, I'm waiting on another 16" wheel as the rear one to put out front with the same exact tire. I think doing so, would settle the lines on the bike a little more horizontal, also I think of will need a fork lowering to achieve that completely, thanks for the input

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom