CM450: Take 2

Took home "Best Modern Japanese Motorcycle" at Chicago's mods vs rockers today. Super pumped!

WHal0C0.jpg

RFjkBjR.jpg

Threw it on the dyno today to check our jets, motor is stock aside from the exhaust and pod filters. We decided to try out a set of jets from http://www.6sigmaracingjetkit.com/ . I had my doubts about a "mail order tune", but figured we would take a shot. I was pleasantly surprised to see a decent a/f ratio. The bike made about 29 hp, which isn't far from the stock advertised 36 hp at the engine Honda claimed. I think we can go 3 or so jet sizes smaller on the main jet. It's slightly rich.

We did have two issues.

We hit a spark cut at 6,500. The redline shouldn't be till nearly 10,000. Need to see what caused that. The power continues to climb, we may make a bit more when we resolve that issue.

Our idle jet is way too lean. The bike likes to pop at idle and de-accel. We will swap out the jets from 6 Sigma later this week and figure out our early rev limiter and post our results.

Here is the dyno sheet. The first run is the A/F from the right cylinder, and the second is from the left. Should have a video so you guys can hear the exhaust up tonight or tomorrow.

jsiVyjx.png

Thanks again guys! Some nicer pix should be coming in the near future. The bike is a blast to ride. Here is a short clip of how it sounded on the dyno this Sunday.

http://youtu.be/kIZ0U_9eWVc

I seriously love everything about this bike. FANTASTIC work guys. Would really love to see some closer shots of the headlight/number plate setup. How did you mount the plate to the front end? Can't quite tell from the photos. Anyways, congrats on the award... definitely well-deserved.

Damn. Great work. Never thought a CM could be that nice. Front end and monoshock did an awful lot for it!

You need to change the name of this thread to "Baddest mother fucking CM on the god damned planet"

Bet you'd get more traffic!

This is an amazing build!

Can you explain how the attachment of the plate works with the headlight? What size headlight is it? Saw something earlier in the thread about an LED setup, end up happening??

Also, to add another question to the mix, what all went in to making the rear wheel fit the swing arm?

noctisariel said:
I seriously love everything about this bike. FANTASTIC work guys. Would really love to see some closer shots of the headlight/number plate setup. How did you mount the plate to the front end? Can't quite tell from the photos. Anyways, congrats on the award... definitely well-deserved.

Thanks! The plate mounts to the top triple and the light mounts to the bottom triple, you can see it in the pic below. We ended up re-purposing the head off of one of these for our headlight. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=877289&is=REG&A=details&Q=
We had an issue with focusing the beam with our first LED setup. We got a ridiculous deal on it. We are going to make a clear lens, the current one is for a tractor and scatters the light too much.

1053484_591460214218826_1994081683_o.jpg

Your redline issue could be a buggered CDI, there is after market replacement available to fix that. Something in there gets loose or overheated and the ignition gets screwy after 6-7000 rpms. Great work on the CM guys, hope I get to Mid-Ohio to see it in person. Congrats on the award.

Have to say I am really impressed with what you have done here. The USD front end, number plate style headlight and rear mono shock really bring it together. Looks like a fun little bike, how does it ride? Have you had much seat time?

Back
Top Bottom