Skyteam Ace 125

sprocket2cog

Been Around the Block
Ive just got myself a New Skyteam ace 125, its a Chinese knock off of the 1980's Honda dream 50. ill leave it stock for a while but have the intention of breathing a bit more fire into it in a few months, i have found an upgrade kit for it from ooracing in the UK,

http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4299

but i will let the warranty expire before that.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 963
Re: My New Skyteam Ace 125

Be nice if we could get these in Canada. I think it would be a hoot to ride to work on my back road commute.

how much did it cost with shipping? i might consider getting one in the future

Im in Australia and the dealer here sells them normally for $3000 including all the on road rego tax etc, but i got mine on special for $2499 on the road

motto scoot sells these in
Milwaukee, right? what a bargain. I don't understand why you cb guys aren't buying these things left right and center. it takes $2500 to go through any bike,........warranty whats that. too good

I'm not sure if motto scoot sells them, im in Victoria and am getting though two wheel garage

the importer is in western Australia and has a list of dealers there.

http://www.ikonikmoto.com.au/dealer_locator.html

yeah it is a bargain, when i first saw one online on bikepoint sales i thought it was a home custom that needed work at that price, but when i saw it was a new bike, i had to pinch myself.lol

Man, that's something I'll have to treat myself to one day - not necessarily this particular bike, but a brand new bike in the crate. Not sure I could bring myself to unbox it! Pretty cool.

there's an ebay UK shop that sells the tanks for like $100. It was very tempting when I was considering buying a fiberglass CR tank. 1/4 the cost, and it's steel (isn't it?)

yep its a steel tank, oo racing has them as well as the seat pan etc

http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=226

There's one on ebay too. They're super small though, I don't think it could work on anything but a really small CC bike. I bet it would look good on a Puch moped.

Those tanks are £99.99, not $99.99 :) BIG difference. But still, $160 for a new tank isn't bad.

Actually just registered at OO Racing to get a final price and shipping - the price dropped to £83.33 and £28 shipping so £111.33 all in. Chances are you might get nailed with taxes upon arrival (at least in Canada you might). But not bad.

Tim said:
Those tanks are £99.99, not $99.99 :) BIG difference. But still, $160 for a new tank isn't bad.

Actually just registered at OO Racing to get a final price and shipping - the price dropped to £83.33 and £28 shipping so £111.33 all in. Chances are you might get nailed with taxes upon arrival (at least in Canada you might). But not bad.

i was quoting from memory, you're right though. I just remembered 99.99.

stroker crazy said:
You're going to love riding the 'Ace'!

Mine has done nearly 1200K and is getting better all the time. I've started making a fairing to fit but I'm only making slow progress at the moment.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.0

If you live where the map indicates you wouldn't have to deal with peak hour traffic!

Crazy

Cool, glad to hear your's is going great. cant wait to see how the fairing turns out :)

rdshaw said:
not being sold in the US :( sorry for the misinformation.

You sure about that? They are still up on Moto Scoot's website. I may have to swing up there in spring, I'm only about 40 minutes south of there.

Back
Top Bottom