Honda NX650 Dommie

Re: Honda NX650 - alive again!

Hey all! Sorry for not keeping this thread alive...So this is a new start i guess :)
We've moved again (or did i mention that already?) to another workshop.

Done a lot of work since the last update. First of all, made a new fender out of an old one. This was my first attempt to weld something, and i really fucked it up. It looked like some bird shitted on that fender. I was even hesitating to post that pic here...but hey, thats part of my process as well so here it is! Luckely, a lot of sanding and grinding made it nicer in the end. The little welds in the second pic aren't mine, Bert did them to keep it together.

See? Hahahahahaha

Practice will make perfect someday.

Second big thing is that i got myself a muffler. Important, because we needed to know how to attach it to the frame before powdercoating. This part was a little difficult, because the really really really nice mufflers are superexpensive. For 75 E i thought this one was ok, though i think it might look a little bit bulky and big. As for connecting it to the frame, it fitted unbelievably. To make connect it to the pipes, bert welded a collector with his new tig-welding-device. New toys, yay! Since the muffler is made of titanium, he wasn't able to weld it directly to the pipes so he made a piece in between which he connected to the pipes. Pipes are partially the original pipes, and pieces of cb750 headers as well.

Third thing i worked on was the gastank.
To fit the frame, the petcock had to be moved.

After welding that on (don't worry, i didn't do that myself) i tried to fill the dents. Took me two days with filler and sanding and doing that again and again, i don't know how it turned out yet. Ran out of primer to check the result, but i think it turned out pretty good. According to bert, it was a lost case anyway, tank looked liked somebody used it as a football. I think i proved him wrong on this one hehe :) Forget to take some proper pics, but you'll get the idea...

Apart from these things we made a seat pan, found the right smaller frontrim and did some other small things. Now it still has a random frontwheel in it to keep it standing. The front will be a little bit lower because of the new rim. Almost everything is ready for powdercoat. Found a supersweet headlight this sunday at the fleamarket. I will shoot some pictures this week. Time to move on!

Guess that was it for now. Goodnight all!

Re: Honda NX650 Dominatrix!

Nice work Bons and Bert. Really looking sharp. Don't worry abouth the booger welds, they will get better with practice I am sure.

Frame is welded, Jene now has to grind and polish all the welds and stuff. Then inspection of welds, some triangles tigged up and powder.

If you thought the heart-shaped brackets on the 200 were dope, you're in for a surprise :)

Bert Jan said:
Frame is welded, Jene now has to grind and polish all the welds and stuff. Then inspection of welds, some triangles tigged up and powder.

If you thought the heart-shaped brackets on the 200 were dope, you're in for a surprise :)

Can't wait!

Long time no see! I think i start almost every post telling you we were busy moving workshops, and indeed, we were busy moving AGAIN, 4th time in a short period. ::) The previous workshop lasted only 2 months :eek:...

Now that we're finally settled, time for some updates.
For the passenger steps, we made something very ugly. Since we don't own a pipe-bending-device with a really tiny radius, we made up something like this:

Not so nice so i decided i wanted to do this again but better.

Used a slice of metal to create the round end. Nice try, but forgot that the inside had to be a bit round too and therefor needed a hole first. The next attempt was better and ended up like this:

Sanding and grinding:

Almost done, except for the insides:

The inside still needs to be grinded and sanded in the right shape, but i like the overall look of it and i'm happy we did this over and over untill it looked right.

Also put the spokes in the front rim. Bert helped me out a lot and checked everything for safety matters as well ;) Also a sneak peek on the new workshop. Nice huh!

I decided that the fueltank is done now. I still think the edge is not 'sharp' enough, but after spending days sanding and filling and sanding and filling i think this is the best i can do at this moment, considering it looked like somebody used it as a football before. I also think with the right paintjob right over that not-so-clean-line you wouldn't notice it that much.

Before, in reality it looked even worse then on this picture i guess...

If everything goes well, i'd might get everything to the powdercoater tomorrow :D

Little preview of todays progress...Shine bright like a diamond! ;D

Bons! Coolness! Another beautiful build! As we say in Texas! "You'll be riding high in the saddle" when this one is complete!

Jene's Photobucket glamour-shots of the finished cb200 got linked to a shitload of hipster-tumblr's and therefor her bandwidth exceeded. Settings have been set to private but she'll have to wait for 7 more days before bandwidth is up again. I'll post the progress pics thru my own Photobucket account till then.

Bons said:
Little preview of todays progress...Shine bright like a diamond! ;D

foto_zps4ff12ad2.jpeg

Bert Jan said:
Jene's Photobucket glamour-shots of the finished cb200 got linked to a shitload of hipster-tumblr's and therefor her bandwidth exceeded. Settings have been set to private but she'll have to wait for 7 more days before bandwidth is up again. I'll post the progress pics thru my own Photobucket account till then.
hey Bert! I'm not a hipster lol

EDIT : The diamond picture thing didn't load up. But that's what I was referencing in the below post:

Bons and Bert, this is really cool! Great idea and well executed guys!

thats a nice touch...but please dont over do it haha. im sure your not capable of that but its a fine line

Jene did all the sawing/filing herself, i just welded it up. Her bike, she decides. She's gonna file all the tigwork down so the diamond is nice and clean. When PC'd it will look like one unit.

not sure I understand the need for such a thing. but its not my bike, so party on.

WeberKid said:
not sure I understand the need for such a thing. but its not my bike, so party on.

Bert you could always slap some stickers on

Back
Top Bottom