Honda NX650 Dommie

Re: Honda NX650 Dominatrix!

WeberKid said:
not sure I understand the need for such a thing. but its not my bike, so party on.

It's a girls bike. Diamonds are a girl best friend!

Besides, it's a sweet one-of-a-kind handbuilt touch. I like that very much in builds. I don't like builds where people just throw a couple grand to a frame and decide it's done. I hate those builds. Personally, building bikes, or anything for that matter, is a form of self expression and i seriously enjoy doing just that. Going in my zone and completely forget about everything around me. Completely fixed on the puddle at the end of my torch.

I like to build things that are top-notch in comparison to my skillset. If it's not the best i can do, i try again.
My girl and i both went to artschool so when she decides she wants (for instance) diamonds in a frame we discuss it over and over with pro's and cons till we both agree with the outcome. We both come up with ideas how to do stuff and learn from eachother. I personally think those diamonds are kick-ass.

Little example...
Jene wanted to decide the tank color combo. Instead of just going to the paintshop for paint, she took the paper color-examples and did this;

1012458_394037677374818_497626724_n.jpg

Endless mix/match of colors and combo's. Pick a winner!

notlob said:
Bert you could always slap some stickers on

Hahaha yeah i guess, but why? I'm gonna ride every 650cc's of it so hard you will never notice those diamonds ;)

It's just a little detail which i do like :)
On a picture, it looks like a huge pimp-ass bling-thing, but when the bike is completely done, hardly nobody will notice. To me, details like this are like wearing a coat with a supercool lining, or shoes with a nice print on the inside ;) No need, just fun and learning how to make stuff :)

Another little thing i've been working on. As i removed the toolbox, there was some space left behind the bashguard. I wanted this bike to be practical as wel, so i decided to make brackets for a disclock. Unfortunately, it's necessary to lock you bike very well here, and instead of bringing a bag just to carry a lock, i'd thought this would be handy. Fits like a charm and is still easy to grab.

Didn't bring my cam so another set of crappy phone-pics today!

Xh3Zbep.jpg

7U65kQS.jpg

Some foam will cover the bracket to keep everything from shaking and making noise. The lower bracket is a 6mm bolt covered with gasoline-hose. The 8mm it makes together fits exactly in the lock. After powdercoating, it will get a new and fitted piece of hose ofcourse :)

ojDUDE4.jpg

HSeeIIE.jpg

Last thing to do to the frame is to make brackets for a mudguard. Saw a nice 'mudguard' alongside the road yesterday, somebody killed a mailbox and that door, which is laying around in the bushes now, is made of a really nice piece of stainless steel, just the size that i'll need... :D Gotta remember to pick it up tomorrow...

for now: good night all!

Jene

now that is an awesome and practical idea...ive alse been thinking of where i can do something similar on my bike!

The mailbox i was telling about in the previous post is now my mudguard.Here are some pics!

uaXWy18.jpg

NH84z6Q.jpg

dUaj64V.jpg

ZMoMBWG.jpg

Hey guys!
And again, not in before the 30 days...Just forgot to shoot pictures and do the updates all the time, but there definately is some progress to share now.

Last weeks (months? ;)) i really did a lot of cleaning. And sanding. And cleaning. Polishing, cleaning...you get the drill. I guess building a bike is 60 percent sanding and cleaning and polishing and stuff, 10 percent of really really really hard tough work and 30 percent of just staring at it, wondering how it should be.

Since this project had such a delay, i decided to sort my pile of parts, and wrap everything up that is totally finished and does not need to be looked at again before the real building. Everything started to be a big messy pile and to keep sanity i thought this was a good thing to do. Would be such a waste to scratch all the cleaned, polished and powdercoated parts in this stadium of the build. Money is nowhere near, so i'm afraid ending this project might take a little while...Its nice to know what is ready and what needs to be done.

Schermafbeelding2013-12-29om013536.png

Frame and other parts are back from powdercoat. Its a semi-flat black, wich i really like. Rims have new spokes and i also shaped the seat. First, i only made one layer of closedcell foam, but then decided i wanted something more comfortable for my butt. So i added the blue layer of softer foam and i actually like the bigger seat better. I also found a huge brown old leather jacket at our local thriftshop. I think they mispriced it, cause for 0,50 euro, i think this will make a dirtcheap seatcover ;D
The front fork legs and tripletree are also cleaned and sanded. Then painted with VHT epoxypaint. Hope it will last a while :) Alsno, brandnew forksocks added for 5 bucks on a swapmeet!
Here is a mockup how it looks now. Bars are not mine, but just for the total look.

Schermafbeelding2013-12-29om014126.png

The engine was fine, so this time the easy way: cleaning, sanding and painting it with VHT wrinkle paint. Sidecovers are shiny black. Enginefins are viled straight, so i can remove paint there to get them silverish again.

Schermafbeelding2013-12-29om013755.png

Finally, yesterday bert introduced me to the wonderful world of tig-welding. Pretty hard to learn, set the table on fire a couple of times, but thats ok :) I really liked doing this and bert is gonna teach me how to do it properly.
Created something reaaaallly pretty ;) Gotta start somewhere, right? :p

Schermafbeelding2013-12-29om013923.png

Thinking back, i actually did a lot last weeks, but i guess just forgot to make pictures of it. Or i didn't think all the little bits weren't that interesting by themselves to shoot pictures and do updates. I really must not forget doing that.

As for the tyres: i really wanted tkc80 tyres, but then i read they aren't that great in rainy weather? In the Netherlands, its always raining...so im not sure if that is the best option. Anyone some experience with these?
Besides that, you see them really anywhere and i might prefer a bit more original tyres.

Thats it for now. Hope you enjoyed it and good night!

Bons said:
I guess building a bike is 60 percent sanding and cleaning and polishing and stuff, 10 percent of really really really hard tough work and 30 percent of just staring at it, wondering how it should be.

Correct :)

About tyres. Never tried mine, but i think theyre as bad as a knobbed multi-purpose tyres can be. Since theyre not for racing anyway, then i think theyre OK. Pretty sure theyre much better than MX tyres and i even managed with these. But you could always go retro-style aswell, if you say that everybody is using TKC80. That, afaik, means that you must lose the muffler.

Check out my Dommie build too. Good luck with your project.

I really like your 200 it is stunning. :)
Cant wait to see how this turns out in the end.
If you dont like the tck80`s i know pirelli has a similar model.(scorpion or something)
Another option is raintyres for roadracing if they exists in 18" ???
Keep up the great work!!
Cheers Jorgen

Thanks :) Like those scorpions as well, but in my dutch webshop its says they're not roadlegal here...Also stumbled upon the michelin t63, they seem to be better in rainy conditions than the tkc's and they say they are more durable with a similar look.

Its hard to find something nice, durable and not too expensive. I'm trying to keep this bike under E1000, so choices are a bit limited on some points :) For example, the muffler, not my first choice. But cheap and we will be able to make it work i think. Its different. But Tort, if i had more money to spend, i'd love to have an exhaust like yours.

I guess thats the game as well, do it with whatever you can get you hands on and make it right.

The continentals are pretty cheap, i paid for both front and rear at my doorstep with shipping from germany to norway 250 ish usd.
I ride mostly gravel so i hope they will work well for me.
Best of luck with it all, i`m tuned in 8)

Yep, ordered my Continentals also from Germany (reifenversand.com), 200 eur to door. About the muffler, you can get all kinds of cheap used stuff from eBay or brand new Chinese stuff. Who cares if its high-tech or not, its all about the looks anyway. I decided to take that extra step and order fast and cry later.

Also, if youre not going with retro tyres, the current muffler might do the trick too.

Back
Top Bottom