"Poor Kid" 1981 CB750K - first build

After a few weeks of looking like a simian gaining carnal knowledge of a certain hard-husked tropical food, I figured out the bulb is indeed...

Dead

All connections test fine cap'n, thanks to old work by a DTT local and new work by myself. Gotta get on amazon and grab a bulb, and a brake microswitch, and I'm back in business! Also ordering the damn valve tool and some carb sync gauges finally.

I got my starter in the mail from CBrat750 and I hope to put it on eventually. An ignition unit for the CX as well, from TheJester... Thanks all! These bikes would be nothing without community parts and support.

Still too cold in TX...

Thanks for the compliments gents. Legal is the look we're going for now, and weatherproof! I am getting a little antsy for the highway, I can almost taste the bugs in my teeth...

That is good to hear Krap, you can usually find the Motion Pro valve shim tool cheap on e-bay if you search a bit.
and there are a couple "how to" videos on you tube to help you out.

1981 CB750K project for sale: Fort Worth, TX

Hello all!

This thing is ready to be sold. I used it as a chemistry set and all the minor 'fuck-upgrades' are trivial to me. I'm not taking it back apart. Who wants it for $700 cash?

Local is best, I don't care to hear your admonishments or your criticism, either you want it or you don't!

No title, engine not leaking, new almost everything... I'm ready to be done with it.

If someone buys $500 worth of parts, in one go, I'll part the bitch out.

Let's get it over with, then!

For anyone who gives a shit, the CX500 is my next target and will not be so frustrating. 'Don't give up' is a fucking puke of a statement- do undertake projects you haven't the energy to complete, be it resources or time.

I can't wait to attack the CX (much less of an uphill struggle) and do things with accuracy and efficiency. This is the best choice. Now get you some parts!

Re: "Poor Kid" 1981 CB750K - first build

I hope I can say I've gotten a little calmer and a lot less twatty in the past few years. Looking at the above kind of cements how I regard that time- pretty frustrating!

Happily married and up in WA now, living in Auburn area. I grabbed a 1972 CB350 with 8000 on the odo before I left and had a poor run in with a shop who sold me too big a rear tire, however I titled the bike and have it on the road for $900. It's more fun than any building or parts shopping was- although she needs a new set of tires like any other WIP!!

To everyone who helped me and to anyone who makes it to the end of the thread... I really tried to reinvent the wheel with the above. I claimed I had little budget but you might see more $$ than sense in the posts I made.

When you find a cafe bike, try to get one without too much rust, and try to have some basic tools. Even if you don't... You shouldn't have to rip the whole thing apart to get it riding. I just got caught up in some crazy market hype about having the cleanest garage build in the town and ended up missing out on a lot of riding :))

Thank you DTT. At the end of it I'm changing my own parts on my car and my wife's without throwing tantrums. Might even get an American bike to repeat this learning process :O

Kyle in WA
91787cfa9ed11a384cfce957fe8da414.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom