>> Project CeeBeeThreeFiddy << Salt Lake City >> 73' CB350 <<

mpower228

Hotdog.
Okay, so here's the skinny--> I purchased this "junkyard" non-running 73' Honda 350 last may for $350, and have since, torn it down, cut it up, welded a bunch of stuff to it, and rebuilt or replaced every part on it.. The original plans for the bike were to build it into a track bike that I could race in the vintage class at MMP, but after installing Benjie's overweight pile of fiberglass "gas tank", I decided that there was no way that the bike could be competitive... So, now it's slowly becoming my grocery getter... Minus the groceries. :D

I apologize for only taking a few pictures during the process, but I do remember most of what I've done and am happy to share my experiences and fun tricks that I have learned along the way. Just ask!
:)

Current 05/20/2013:

Before 05/30/2012:

After sand blasting/de-tabbing frame:

After Welding/fitting the Benjies "bolt-on" tank and seat:

Makeshift shed paint-booth:

After Painting the frame, A complete engine rebuild, Replacing the wheelsets with cb360's, and new rubber:

Only pic I have during the re-wire.. Damn razor blades:

Laying out the pin stripes after the base coat:

Silver coat:

Clear:

Controls (dang rain!):

Still have A LOT of little things left to do, but it's getting there! ;D

Please feel free to ask any questions, comment, or talk shit. Cheers!

Baller status at 75% and rising===>

Finally got it registered yesterday! Time to build a license plate bracket/mount.. It's sure nice to have friends with cool tools like CNC plasma tables :D

Now all I need is a welding bench :p

As seen painted/mounted in my first posts' 'current' photo:

Re: >>Project CeeBeeThreeFiddy (DD/Track Bike)<< Salt Lake City

Wow...beautiful build. Any plans for fork brace/rear fender?

mattfeet said:
Wow...beautiful build. Any plans for fork brace/rear fender?

Hey, thank you!

Not really sure what to do about a rear fender yet.. Ideas? Haha and as for the fork brace.. Well, I just purchased a great set of 75' CB360 forks that I will be rebuilding and replacing the current forks with due to the rust/pitting that had occurred underneath the original headlight ears. The front fender that came with the forks I purchased has a very nice looking (when compared to the cb350's) stock brace underneath that I will be using after removing the fender.

Wow thats gorgeous. Is that a k4 with the six gear transmission?

Was there something you didn't like about the gas tank combo other than the weight?

What brand/size are the tires?

Great looking bike!

burnicarus said:
Wow thats gorgeous. Is that a k4 with the six gear transmission?

Hey, thanks! And no, it's actually a K5 with the 5-speed... I wish I had the sixth gear though :-\

T-BAG said:
Was there something you didn't like about the gas tank combo other than the weight?

What brand/size are the tires?

Great looking bike!

To answer your first question, YES! However, I'd rather not trash-talk on my thread, so if you'd like to hear about my experience with the tank in detail, feel free to PM me. I will say that for the amount of money that I paid for the tank/seat combo, I expected it to be somewhat "bolt-on", and not have too many issues, but unfortunately, it was not on par with my expectations.

The tires are Shinko brand with the front @100/90-18 and rear @110/90-18

chambers said:
Nice tidy bike man! good work so far 8)

Thank you! :)

Ive been wondering if there is a way to make the 6th gear possible. maybe switching out the gearbox... that 6th gear changes everything man

burnicarus said:
Ive been wondering if there is a way to make the 6th gear possible. maybe switching out the gearbox... that 6th gear changes everything man

The right amount of money makes anything possible! But as far as I know, there isn't a 6-speed tranny that will swap into the 350 cases

Nice bike man! looks night and day from what it did originally. You will definitely want a fork brace and some sort of fender liner on the rear for when you are scootin up big/little cottonwood. Some take a piece of plexi and put it between the frame there in front of the tire might work for you or make up a rear tire hugger out of fiber glass. Look forward to see ya buzzing around the valley man and if ya ever wanna get out and ride hit me up.

burnicarus said:

Awe man.. Why did you have to show me that?! So much want.

danejurrous said:
Nice bike man! looks night and day from what it did originally. You will definitely want a fork brace and some sort of fender liner on the rear for when you are scootin up big/little cottonwood. Some take a piece of plexi and put it between the frame there in front of the tire might work for you or make up a rear tire hugger out of fiber glass. Look forward to see ya buzzing around the valley man and if ya ever wanna get out and ride hit me up.

Hey, thanks! Yeah, you're right about the fork brace, I've been working on it and should have it done and painted by this weekend. And the thing about a rear fender is, I hate the look of it on my bike. But I've never even thought about throwing a piece of plexi there! Might look kinda tacky, but it's worth a shot :)

I'm working on getting a group of cafes (or any others who'd like to join) together to go for a cruise (maybe meet up at Ruth's Diner, grab a bite, and then cruise up the canyon). PM me your info if that seems like something you'd want in on, or know of others who'd like to join :)

If you ever have the time I'd love to know how you got the battery and all the electrics out of site so clean. Or if you know of a cb350 or similar bike post that explains what is neccesary (i.e. cables, battery, components.)
I wanna show off my pods. ;D

Finally found the time to take the little 350 out for a ride! I went up emigration canyon with my father and brother on their 360's to Lil Dell Lake, and surprisingly, I got the little guy to do 87.2 mph on flat ground! (not quite fast enough to go back to the future, but not bad for a 350!) :)

mpower228 said:
Finally found the time to take the little 350 out for a ride! I went up emigration canyon with my father and brother on their 360's to Lil Dell Lake, and surprisingly, I got the little guy to do 87.2 mph on flat ground! (not quite fast enough to go back to the future, but not bad for a 350!) :)

Nice, I ride up Emigration canyon as often as I can on my lunch hour ;)

The bike looks great!

This is really inspiring. I have so many questions, but I'll just hit you with one right now: How much clearance is there between your rearsets and the exhaust? That's pretty much the exact exhaust I want to run, upswept short muffler, but I'm concerned about clearance between lever and pipe - and also my feet getting scorched . Any details on your set up or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

>> Project CeeBeeThreeFiddy << Salt Lake City >> 73' CB350 <<

JohnGoFast said:
Nice, I ride up Emigration canyon as often as I can on my lunch hour ;)

The bike looks great!

Hey, thanks! Hopefully we can get a group together, and go for a ride before the cold weather hits! :)

Lincoln Ellsworth said:
This is really inspiring. I have so many questions, but I'll just hit you with one right now: How much clearance is there between your rearsets and the exhaust? That's pretty much the exact exhaust I want to run, upswept short muffler, but I'm concerned about clearance between lever and pipe - and also my feet getting scorched . Any details on your set up or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

So many questions? Ask away! :)

Here are some pics of the setup:

I had to lower the exhaust about 1.5", but now there's plenty of room with no scorching ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377944828.242460.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377944828.242460.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 671
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377944876.759775.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377944876.759775.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 660
Back
Top Bottom